43

"I am here" Harry groaned as he entered Dumbledore's office with McGonagall following behind him, he had been hoping to ignore the headmaster for the rest of the year but apparently the old man couldn't take the hint and even had McGonagall pull him out of potions class. Harry had just decided to finally go and get this over with. As he entered the room he saw Dumbledore behind his desk. "You know, I would not be suprised if you had some porn under your desk."

"Mr Potter!" McGonagall said.

"Alright, alright, jeez, it was a joke." Harry rolled his eyes "For god's sakes woman, calm down. I highly doubt the headmaster's had any in years, unless you really are the ass kisser I think you are."

"That will be enough Mr Potter" Dumbledore said, no twinkle in his eyes or humour on his face.

"I agree, a large amount of porn will probably kill you off at your age."

"I am not joking Mr Potter."

"I am," Harry smiled "this is fun, your turn."

"Professor McGonagall, perhaps it's best that you go" Dumbledore said to McGonagall who have a stiff nod to Dumbledore and a glare to the back of Harry's head before walking off "Mr Potter you murdered Dolores Umbridge in front of the whole wizarding world. What on Earth made you think that was a good idea?"

"Umbridge? You're still on that?" Harry asked with disbelief "I'm pretty sure even her family have stopped caring now, if she had any, if she did then I'd imagine that they probably lost their thank you card."

"You cannot claim that this was self-defence like all of your other killings."

"No, it wasn't, it was just revenge. She harmed one of my family and threatened the other, if we're being honest then she would still be alive if you did your job properly and kept your teachers in line."

"Mr Potter, you cannot blame this on me. She was here at the request of the minister and you did not inform the staff, neither did Miss Riddle."

"Yeah," Harry conceded the point "she was upset and I was pissed. I'm still going to blame you though...it's fun and I prefer it to blaming myself."

"If that's what you wish to do then fine, but perhaps you can also explain your decision to not fight Voldemort."

"It's simple enough, isn't it?" Harry asked. "He stays away from me and my family and I stay away from him. I have enough problems dealing with the crazy assassins, I don't really feel the need to add Voldemort to it."

"Mr Potter, he will kill and slaughter innocent people." Dumbledore reminded.

"Then stop him" Harry said as if Dumbledore was missing the answer to a very easy question.

"Mr Potter, only you can defeat Voldemort"

"Say's who? You?"

"No, before you were born a prophecy was made, it states that you're the only one capable of defeating Voldemort" Dumbledore said, he didn't want to reveal the prophecy so early but he was hoping that it was what was needed to get Harry to help.

"A prophecy? Really? Divination? You think a prophecy is..."

"It doesn't matter what I think" Dumbledore said, cutting off Harry "but Voldemort believes it to be true and he has heard the first part of the prophecy."

"Okay, I'll bite, how?"

"The prophecy was told to me when I was interviewing for the divination post," Dumbledore began explaining "I had a meeting at the Hogshead bar with a woman named Sybil Trelawny"

"You mean the drunk idiot who currently teaches the class?" Harry asked with a raised eyebrow. "Alright, let's pretend that I believe this woman made a prophecy, perhaps you can tell me it."