41

The three alphas, kneeled on the floor, not making a noise, the only noise that could be heard was the memory playing on the pensive. Water, Air and Earth watched the challenges given to Harry Potter with great interest.

They thought that the boy was incredibly cleaver, his 'work smarter, not harder' line was one they could appreciate. Instead of going through a whole building of Libra men he decided to bring down the building instead. The sky was the limit when it comes to intelligence and imagination, the boy had quite a lot. In a single idea he managed to not only showcase his intelligence and power but also made himself look better than the others and save valuable time and energy.

The boy was intelligent, skilled, he handled pain better those older than him, he was creative, fast, strong and adaptive. Yes, the boy was the prime example of what they wanted in their Libra soldiers. He didn't waste time trying to look fancy, he didn't hesitate, he acted. It was later when they had discovered that one of the knives the boy brought with him were filled with venom, an ingenious idea.

Eventually the memory ended, but the alphas didn't move nor did they even consider moving. They stayed as silent as ever.

"Ha" A voice chuckled "I am impressed. Tell me, did you think the boy would survive? Be honest"

"I wasn't sure" Air alpha admitted.

"I thought it was a possibility" Water alpha replied "after all the boy did defeat our members before and he was holding his own against the one called Voldemort.

"I did not" Earth admitted honestly "I expected the possibility of him surviving the first challenge but being very tired and worn out by it before he entered the second. There I expected him to meet his end."

"Your honesty is appreciated" The voice said softly "what did you think of the boy before the challenges?"

"A traitor" Air answered "someone who needed to be made an example of."

"I had believed the boy to be arrogant enough to think his power and skill were enough to defy us" Earth confessed.

"I wasn't sure what to think of the boy" Water replied "though I do think he was brave enough to come to us or at least smart enough to realise how futile it would be to try and hide. I also admired how the boy didn't beg like others would have done."

"What do you mean?" The voice asked with an interested voice.

"Others would have begged for their lives, let lose something about how they were sorry and then ask for another chance. Others would have just accepted their death and asked for mercy by requesting a quick death. The boy said that if we had approached him earlier then he would have accepted death but now he has apparently found purpose in his life thanks to other people. In his own words he said 'I don't care if I have to defeat Voldemort or the three of you, I will survive for them'.

"Yes" Earth nodded "he did say that, but that wasn't the most interesting part."

"It was the way he said it" Air continued "he said it with such determination that we couldn't help but consider it a possibility. The boy could be much more impressive if he had continued training with us instead of leaving at such a young age"

"How interesting" The voice remarked "I must say that I am glad that Potter was my pick."

"Forgive me for asking" Water said in a soft voice "but pick for what?"

"Now, now my friend. that would be telling"

"Another question then" Earth spoke, realising the last question wasn't going to be answered "why is the boy so knowledgeable? We've seen his fights against Voldemort and our own members, his elemental techniques are perfect, better than some of our current betas."