Chapter 33

Jane had a knot of apprehension in her gut as she got into the left-hand passenger seat. It felt odd to be back in a British car again. Draco's Jaguar started with a roar, then peeled out into the street, exited the neighborhood, and got on the highway.

City lights flew by them at light speed, like they were flying through the stars. Jane stared at the side of Draco's face as he drove faster and faster, weaving through cars, eventually bringing the speed up to a cool 85 miles per hour. His eyes wandered over to her more than a couple times. It seemed as though he didn't know which one to look at; Jane, or the road. Finally, he said, "fuck it," and put the car on auto-steering mode by pushing a button to the left of the steering wheel. Then, he leaned over, took Jane's face in his hands, and kissed her on her open mouth. Jane put her hand over his, welcoming the kiss and desperately leaning in to him. The car could crash for all she cared. If this was the last thing she ever remembered she would die happy.

He pulled away and took control of the steering wheel again. Jane was confused.

"I thought you despised me," she said.

"I do," he growled. "But you belong to me. So I'm taking you back."

Jane's mouth fell open. "Are you joking? I tried to assassinate your boss. Your whole gang wants me dead."

"This isn't about the Snakes." His voice raised above the roar of the accelerating car. "This is about you and me. And if you don't come back to me willingly I will take you back myself."

He turned off the highway so fast that his tires screeched and left black skid marks on the pavement. Jane's fingers gripped the car handle. Her heart continued to pound like a drum even until after Draco parked in an alley between two tall apartment buildings. They were now completely alone.

Jane took a breath, filling up her shaking lungs. "If you took me, it would start a war."

Draco gave her a steely look. "The war was started by you."

Jane was silent. He had a point.

"Please fucking listen to me. If you come with me, you will have my protection. I won't let Voldemort or anyone else hurt you. I just- I just need you back."

Jane shook her head and kept her eyes on her lap. "Just wait a few weeks. When you start thinking clearly again you'll realize you don't want me."

His hand went to her jaw. Draco lifted her face and made her look at him. She assumed that she would see chaos in his eyes- crazed obsession, a manipulation tactic. But he looked extremely serious. "I know what I want, Jane. Do you?"

"...I do."

She was so scared to kiss him; she met his lips slowly, and the milliseconds of anticipation before their lips touched felt like eons. And then when her mouth met his it felt more like home than that townhouse she was supposed to sleep in tonight.

"I know what I want," she whispered. "I want you."

They made out passionately, steaming up the car windows. Draco's hands went to the button of Jane's jeans. "Take these off and get over here."

Once she took off the jeans, she moved her body over to the driver's seat, placing each knee on either side of Draco. He undid his jeans as well, and put on a condom while Jane moved her panties to the side so that they could finally connect. Jane slid onto him, clutching the black leather seat while his hands were on her hips, easing her down onto him.

There was not a lot of space for movement. It was the driver's seat of a car, after all, and wasn't designed for two people to be fucking in it. But the sex felt incredible. Jane was in control of the movement and speed. Draco moaned into her mouth every time she rocked back and forth on his hardness. She rode him until they were both gasping at their climax points. Her glasses began to slide off her face, but Draco caught them in time before they left the bridge of her nose.

"...Thanks," she breathed. She moved back over to the passenger seat and put her pants back on. She couldn't believe she just fucked Draco in his car while it was parked in a dark alley- why the fuck did they think this was a good idea? Jane wanted him even more now.

After Draco had his pants zipped up, Jane asked, "Would you leave The Snakes for me, Draco?"

His reply was blunt. "No."

That was all Jane needed to hear. She opened the car door and got out. Her flimsy converse sneaker landed directly in a puddle- but she didn't care. She would walk home.

Behind her, she heard the slamming of Draco's car door. "Stop. Jane, let me explain."

She turned. "Unless you're willing to leave your gang, this won't work."

"The Snakes don't just hold power over my life and my future. It is my life. Without the Snakes I would be nothing. No one." Even just talking about it, he got a desolate look in his eyes, as if imagining his future without his father's company, without his lackeys, without his clubs and money and power.

"But you would have me," she said.

Draco looked at Jane. Don't make me choose, his eyes seemed to say. "Jane."

"What."

"I lov-"

An ear-splitting pop made Jane's hands fly to her ears. When she opened her eyes, she saw Draco on the ground. Jane knew before she saw the wound that he had just been shot.

Jane went to his body and applied pressure to the bullet hole in his abdomen. It missed his spine and heart, so that was good. But he would still need medical attention. Frantically, she scanned her surroundings. Across the street was a corner shop with a blinking red light on top. There was a sniper on the roof, and Jane knew who it was.

"Charlie!" She wailed. "How could you?!"

Charlie had followed them. He probably assumed Jane was being kidnapped and thought he was doing her a favor. Or maybe he had been spying on them and saw them have sex, and shot Draco out of spite.

She opened the door to the backseat and lifted Draco inside. "Come on. Help me out, here." He was a big man. Consciousness was slipping from him like soap. "Don't you dare leave me." She smacked his face once. Then, again, harder.

"Fuck!" Draco was awake again. He looked down at his bright red stomach. He was as pale as a ghost.

"Keep your hands on your wound," Jane ordered. "I'm going to get you some help."

Jane got in the driver's seat and zoomed out of the alley. She had an idea of where to go. There was only one person in this town who might be able to help.

Albus Dumbledore.

Escape From the Mafia- [DRACO MALFOY FANFICTION]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें