35 : Clockwork

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔐𝔞𝔡𝔞𝔪𝔢 𝔡𝔢 𝔓𝔬𝔪𝔭𝔞𝔡𝔬𝔲𝔯
𝔗𝔥𝔢 51𝔰𝔱 ℭ𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔶

"It's a spaceship! Brilliant!" Mickey exclaimed as he stepped out of the Tardis. It was his first travel, so perhaps he was warranted this sort of reaction, but EJ still wasn't thrilled. "I got a spaceship on my first go!"

"You're not that special." The Thompson boy retorted, pettily. "We've all been on one. The Tardis is a spaceship."

"Looks kind of abandoned." Rose hummed, ignoring them both. "Anyone onboard?"

"Nah." The Doctor shook his head as he stepped towards the console, flicking a few buttons. "Nothing here. Well, nothing dangerous. You know what? I'll just have a quick scan... in case there's anything dangerous."

  "King of health and safety, you are." The black haired boy grumbled again. It was becoming clear that he wasn't having a good day at all.

  "So what's the date?" Rose queried, walking up behind the Doctor. "How far have we gone?"

  "About 3,000 years into your future, give or take." He opened a hatch, which revealed a sort of reactor looking cylinder, which he pulled up and twisted. As he did, the lights came on, and they could see the ship. "The 51st Century."

  "Isn't Jack from the 51st Century?" EJ's ears pricked up.

  "I think he is, yeah." The Doctor pressed a few more buttons before sighing. "The Dagmar Cluster. You're a long way from home, Mickey! Two and a half galaxies!"

  Rose directed him towards the window, and they looked outside. "Mickey Smith, meet the universe. See anything you like?"

  His eyes scanned the stars like it was some sort of tv screen. Though, he acted very much like a child the entire time. "It's so... realistic!"

  "Dear me, had some cowboys in here." The Doctor mumbled beneath his breath as he rummaged through some of the scrap. "Been a ton of repair work going on. Now, that's odd, look at that!"

  EJ raised an eyebrow as he watched the screen, though it didn't make too much sense. An aerial image of the ship, with red circular pulses travelling up and down it. "What is it?"  

  "The warp engines are going. Full capacity! There's enough power running through this ship to punch a hole in the universe. And we're not moving. So where's all that power going?"

  "Where'd all the crew go?" The Tyler girl asked.

  "Good question." The Doctor agreed. "No life readings on board."

  "Well, we're in deep space. They didn't just nip out for a quick fag."

  "No," He dismissed without a second thought. "I've checked all the smoking pods." Then, he inhaled, and an pungent smell hit his nose. "You smell that?"

  The others sniffled in turn. "Definitely." EJ agreed. 

  Rose nodded, slightly disconcerted. "Yeah. Someone's cooking."

  "Sunday roast, definitely." Mickey said, almost absently, taken aback by it all. 

     The Doctor pressed another one of the buttons on the wrecked console when a great metal door slid open. A new room was revealed, a roaring fire coming out of the fireplace... why was there a fireplace? The Doctor lead them through, but this room was empty too.

     "Now, there's something you don't see in your average space ship. 18th Century. French. Nice mantel." The Doctor pulled out the sonic to test it. "Not a hologram. Not even a reproduction. This actually is an 18th Century French fireplace. Double sided. There's another room through there."