61 : If You Want It

𝔐𝔬𝔬𝔫, 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔖𝔬𝔩𝔞𝔯 𝔖𝔶𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔪
𝔐𝔞𝔯𝔠𝔥 2007

It seemed that Martha was not as well versed in avoiding aliens as EJ and the Doctor. As they ran through the corridors, it didn't seem like there was enough space amongst the screaming patients, but they acted as a good cover from the Judoon. Martha stayed outside for a short time whilst EJ and the Doctor searched for somewhere to look through the files.

     The room was small, with little but a coat rack and a computer. The Doctor was glued to the device with his sonic screwdriver, and EJ watched. It was interesting, sort of...

     "They've reached the third floor." Martha announced as she ran into the room, though she stopped in her tracks, the door slamming shut behind her. "What's that thing?"

  The Doctor didn't even look at her as he replied. "Sonic screwdriver."

  "Well, if you're not gonna answer me properly." She remarked, and EJ scoffed at her boldness. He was like that when he had met the Doctor, almost a completely different person to who he felt like now.

  "No, really, it is!" It said a lot that he just stopped, and looked at her, holding up the small metal device. "It's a screwdriver. And it's sonic. Look."

  He pressed the button, and it buzzed, so Martha joked. "What else have you got? A laser spanner?"

  "I did..." The Doctor trailed off. "But it was stolen by Emmeline Pankhurst, cheeky woman."

  "Oh, I loved her." EJ responded, dreamily. "She was brilliant, you know. One of the best people I've met yet. Goes up there with, like, Queen Victoria and the Face of Boe."

  "The Face of-"

  "What's wrong with this computer!" The Doctor hit the computer in frustration. "Judoon must have locked it down. Judoon platoon upon the moon."

  EJ giggled, and smiled. "I love it."

  Though, the Time Lord was not as forgiving. He wiped his face, and sighed. "Cos we were just travelling past, I swear. I was just wandering. I wasn't looking for trouble. Honestly, I wasn't. But I noticed these plasma coils around the hospital. And that lightening, that's plasma coils, it's been building up for two days now, so I checked in, thought something was going on inside. Turns out the plasma coils was the Judoon up above."

  "What are they looking for?" Martha asked.

  "Something that looks human, but isn't."

  "Like you." She said, unconvinced. "Apparently."

  "Like me." The Doctor agreed. "But not me."

  "Haven't they got a photo?"

  "Like no one ever thought of that before." EJ rolled his eyes, playfully. "Space police... surely they've got bigger brains than that."

  As the Doctor scrolled through the files, finding each one empty, he replied. "Might be a shape-changer."

  Martha looked at him, half concerned. "Whatever it is, can't you just leave the Judoon to find it?"

  "If they declare the hospital guilty of harbouring a fugitive, they'll sentence it to execution."

  "All of us?" She seemed surprised.

  "Thems the rules, I guess." EJ's eyes widened, though it was sort of awkward. "Hand over the fugitive, or be killed."

  "Oh, yes. But... if I can find this thing first... Oh!" He was exuberant with every one of his words, not choosing them as carefully as he ought to. "You see! They're thick! Judoon are thick. They've wiped the records! Oh, that's clever."