57 : Kick Off

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔗𝔞𝔯𝔡𝔦𝔰 ℑ𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔬𝔯
𝔇𝔢𝔢𝔭 𝔖𝔭𝔞𝔠𝔢

There was something about the Doctor which made EJ forget everything. Perhaps it was partially to do with the fact that the Thompson boy had a growing infatuation and deep admiration for the man he travelled with. Equally, it could have been because everything he was experiencing was so overwhelming that the Doctor was the only constant through it all. However, EJ had come to the conclusion that forgetting wasn't the most practical turn.

     Although it didn't make sense yet, and he hoped that it would soon, EJ chose to believe that it was the completely overwhelming day he'd had which had forced him to miss something so huge as a woman dressed completely for her own wedding appearing in the Tardis. The first of many things which made it impossible was the fact that they were drifting in deep space. She shouldn't have known how to get there, nevertheless, she was inside of the ship. EJ was bamboozled by it all, and so, he listened, and he waited, and he observed as he didn't believe he could be of much use.

     "You can't do that." The Doctor said as he stared at the woman, half frozen, half animated. "I wasn't... we're in flight. That is physically impossible, how did...?"

  "Tell me where I am." The redheaded woman demanded, her voice shrill and piercing despite its rather low tone. "I demand you tell me, right now, where am I?"

  Gobsmacked, he replied. "Inside the Tardis."

  "The what?"

  "The Tardis."

  Her face contorted into one of complete disapproval. "What?"

  The Doctor stepped back towards the console as he attempted to keep his cool, which EJ was impressed with: already, he was riled up by her. "The Tardis."

  "The what?"

  He took a deep breath in retaliation to her shouting. "It's called the Tardis."

  "She, please." EJ countered, though he knew it wasn't the time. "She's more than just a machine, you know. She's absolutely gorgeous."

  "She's called the Tardis." The Doctor corrected, for his friends benefit.

  "That's not even a proper word." The woman replied, rather snootily. She already had more than enough, and it had been less than two minutes. "You're just saying things."

  "Now, you see, if we're going there, technically, there are no real words." EJ began, but he trailed off rather quickly, when he saw the look that the Doctor was giving him. "Just saying."

  The Doctor stared at her, and the black haired boy could only imagine what was running through his head. "How did you get in here?"

  "Well, obviously, when you kidnapped me." EJ had to physically stop himself from snorting at her response. "Who was it? Who's paying you? Was it Nerys? Oh my God, she's finally got me back. This has got Nerys written all over it."

  "Who's Nerys?" He asked, rubbing at the back of his neck.

  "You're best friend!"

  "Well, you seem rather sure of yourself, don't you?" EJ shoved his hands into the pockets of his pyjama trousers, leaning up against the console beside the Doctor. "I don't even know anyone called fucking Nerys, but whoever she is, she sounds like a pain."

  "Hold on, wait a minute." The Doctor interjected. "What are you dressed like that for?"

  Her face contorted into one of immense anger. "I'm going ten pin bowling... why do you think, dumbo! I was halfway up the aisle! I waited all my life for this! I was just seconds away, and the  you... I dunno, you drug me or something."