42 : Almost Idyllic

𝔏𝔬𝔫𝔡𝔬𝔫, 𝔈𝔫𝔤𝔩𝔞𝔫𝔡, 𝔈𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔥
𝔍𝔲𝔫𝔢 1953

The 1950s was not on EJ's bucket list, not in any country. If he was completely honest, he was sick of Earth. They were there all the time. So, in order to be content here, the Doctor promised they would visit a planet next, and EJ was going to hold it to him.

Rose, however, was more than excited. She'd even gone to the Tardis wardrobe to find something more fitting of where the Doctor was going to take them. In fact, even he had done his hair into the style of a teddy boy from the late 50s. EJ didn't like it. And he especially didn't like the fact that he'd been handed a new set of clothes as well. A Kiss shirt apparently wasn't suitable attire.

When she stepped out of the Tardis, she removed her sunglasses, and sighed. Her pink dress and heels combination was partnered with a cropped denim bomber jacket. She looked gorgeous, and no mistake.

"I thought we'd be going for the Vegas era." Rose hummed as she thought. "You know, the white flares, and the grr... chest hair."

The Doctor poked his head around the Tardis door, a criticising look on his face. "You're kidding, aren't you? You want to see Elvis, you go for the late 50s. Time before burgers when they called him the pelvis and he still had a waist. What's more, you see him in style." He paused a moment before turning back inside. "EJ? Where are you? What're you doing, come on!"

The black haired boy plodded along the floor, a furious face on him. "I don't like these pants."

The clothes he had been given were typical of the time they were aiming for. Late 1950s America. High waisted dress trousers and a white short sleeved shirt tucked in. The tattoos just made him look odd. He looked like a man in the wrong time, to which, he was.

"What are you on about?" Rose rolled her eyes, not believing what he was saying, until he walked into the daylight.

She almost laughed at the unimpressed expression he was exhibiting. "I wish I was wearing a dress instead."

"You'd look good in a dress."

Her affirmation just made him smile. "I know."

An engine roared and before they knew what was happening, the Doctor drove out of the Tardis on top of a similarly coloured scooter, a sidecar attached. He looked ridiculous with his white helmet on. In fact, he just looked ridiculous altogether.

"You goin' my way doll?" The Doctor mimicked an Elvis-like voice.

"Is there any other way to go, daddy-o?" Rose giggled as she donned her sunglasses. "Straight from the fridge, man."

EJ grimaced. "To quote a wise woman, fuck me gently with a chainsaw."

  After sending the boy a half-confused look, the Doctor chucked Rose a helmet, shaking his head. "Eh, you speak the lingo!"

  "Yeah, well, me, mum, Cliff Richard movies every bank holiday Monday." She replied as she sat on the back of the scooter, wrapping her arms around the Doctor's waist.

  "Oh, Cliff." He sneered. "I knew your mother would be a Cliff fan."

  "Is this a joke?" EJ just stared at the sidecar, and grit his teeth, brows furrowed. "I'm taller than both of you... that's for a toddler."

  Rose shrugged at him. "I got here first."

  As the Doctor threw him a blue helmet, and it put it on, he climbed into the sidecar, legs bunched up to his chest. "We're swapping on the way back."