44 : Image Of A Black Hole

𝔖𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔱𝔲𝔞𝔯𝔶 𝔅𝔞𝔰𝔢 𝔖𝔦𝔵, 𝔎𝔯𝔬𝔭 𝔗𝔬𝔯
𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯 4221

There was a problem, and EJ was teetering on the edge of embarrassed to admit it. Ever since he had awoken that morning, he had becoming painfully aware of the Doctor's hair. And, thus, it had been the only thing on his mind.

EJ was not afraid to admit that he found the Doctor attractive. At least, he wasn't afraid to admit it inside of his head. It wasn't exactly the sort of thing he was willing to say aloud just yet. However, despite this, when the smallest thing changed, he was hyper aware of it. This time, it was his hair.

As always it was spiky, half quiff, half Mohawk, almost a mullet, but not quite. It was a thin line between many things, all of them gorgeous. The thing EJ noticed this time was how much flatter it was. There was still volume, of course, but only a small amount which stopped it from being pressed flat against his forehead.

The Doctor probably didn't even realise.

EJ didn't know how many times he had regenerated yet, and he didn't think that there had been a right time to ask. But, the Thompson boy presumed that if he had been changing for a long time, especially after living nine hundred years already, then his physical appearance was less of a conscious thought.

As the three of them exited the Tardis, EJ wasn't focused on the surroundings. His eyes were still firmly trained upon the Doctor. He probably looked like a stalker.

If he had been paying attention, he would have noticed the Tardis' distress. And, of course, he would have been making a fuss of her. Only when the Doctor's voice began to echo around the cupboard space they had landed in did EJ come to terms with what was happening around him. It wasn't his finest hour.

"I wonder what's wrong with her. She's sort of queasy." He rested a hand upon her wooden exterior, and sighed. "Indigestion. Like she didn't want to land."

EJ's eyes widened as he leant back against the ship, pouting. "I hope she gets well soon."

"Oh, if you think there's gonna be trouble, we could always get back inside and go somewhere else." Rose teased, fully well knowing it was something they would never do.

They burst into shared laughter before the Doctor cleared his throat. "I think we've landed inside a cupboard. Here we go."

  He stepped forwards and opened the door with the circular seal. It spoke as they moved through it, which frightened EJ at first. "Open door 15."

"Some sort of base." He hummed. "Moon base, sea base, space base. They built these things out of kits."

"Glad we're indoors." Rose said, looking around for a window. There wasn't one. "Sounds like a storm out there."

"Can you have a storm in space?" EJ began to ponder as they moved through to the next section. "I thought there was no atmosphere."

"Open door 16... Close door 16."

  "Human design. You've got a thing about kits." It was clear that the Doctor wasn't listening again as they roamed through the base. "This place was put together like a flat pack wardrobe, only bigger... and easier."

  "Open door 17."

     They entered into a bigger living space. An industrial room, the same as all the rest, only with tables and chairs. It looked like it was still in use. They might actually meet some people, if they were lucky.

     The Doctor grinned widely as he spoke. "Oh! It's a sanctuary base!"

  "Close door 17."