Mirage

In Hospital

SS- Madam aapse ek baat puchun?

Santosh asks Karishma lying on the bed staring above. Karishma turns towards Santosh and raises her face as a gesture to ask.

SS- What do you think about our Mahila Police Thana.

KS- Usme kya sochna Santu, MPT toh humara parivar hai. Haan hum aaj kal dur jaane ki sochte hai, par shayad hum kabhi chodh kar nai Jaa paayenge. Haseena Maddam, tum, cheetah,Billu aur PhuspaJi yeh sab sirf team nai, humare duniya hai. Hum jitna Thaane ke liye kare woh Kam hai.

SS- Maddam, aap Samairaa Maddam ko count karna bhul gayi.

KS- Santu hum bhule nai usse, woh thaana aati kahan hai jo hum usko count kare.

SS- Yeh bhi hai.
Waise Maddam, agar kisi din aapko thaana yaa kisi aur mai choose karna ho toh aap kise choose karengi?

KS- Santu, tumhe nai pta?
Hum Mahila Police Thana ko hi chunenge. Aur koi nai aata uske baad.

SS- Pakka?

KS- Santu tumne humari dawai kha Li hai kya? Kuch bhi bake Jaa Rahi ho. 

SS- Maddam hume kya pta aagey kya ho jaaye?

KS- Santu so jao, tum Hume Dara Rahi ho yeh behki behki baat karke.

SS- Okay.

Santosh keeps her hand over Karishma and sleeps hugging her.

KS(aside)- kisi aur ko apne MPT ke sivay chunna gaddari se kam nai hogi. Aur hum kabhi woh kaam nai kaarenge. Chahe koi bhi ho, yaa kuch bhi ho hum apni wardi ko chunenge.

In the dimly lit hospital bedroom, the moonlight filtered through the curtains, casting a soft, silver glow across the room. The curtains swayed gently in the night breeze, creating a tranquil atmosphere. A woman lay peacefully in her bed, surrounded by the comforting stillness of the night. As she slept, the only sound was the faint rustling of leaves outside, creating a serene and peaceful scene.
However as her slept more deeply she entered the world of dreams.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

In Karishma's vivid dream, a tense and dramatic scenario unfolded before her eyes. She was holding someone at gunpoint, a situation laden with a palpable sense of danger and urgency. On her face, a complex tapestry of emotions played out, with profound feelings of betrayal etched into her expression. Anger, raw and unrestrained, surged through her, contorting her features into a visage of intense hostility. Yet, beneath the anger, there was also a stark manifestation of denial, as if she struggled to come to terms with the surreal and distressing situation she found herself in. The dream offered a potent portrayal of inner turmoil and conflict, leaving a lasting impression on Karishma.

As Karishma's dream intensified, she found herself succumbing to immense pressure, and with a trembling hand, she pulled the trigger of the gun. The deafening gunshot shattered the eerie silence, and the bullet found its mark, piercing the heart of the person standing before her.

In the aftermath of the shooting, an unexpressed turmoil gripped her. Her face, though void of immediate emotion, concealed a storm of conflicted feelings. The act of taking a life had left a profound impact, a heavy burden of guilt and remorse, even amidst the chaos and urgency of the dream's unfolding drama. It was as if the dream portrayed the inner struggle and moral complexity that such an act would evoke, leaving Karishma haunted by the consequences of her actions.

Unexpectedly, she feels her hand being grabbed from below the bed. She also feels heavy, like if someone has settled on her chest, and she can sense her hair being tugged. Everything was able to be felt by her. Her hands were being squeezed firmly, her heart was racing, and she felt like she was going to suffocate from the constant pressing on her chest.
Her closed eyes prevented her from looking around to see what was going on with her. She lost control of her entire body.
In the silent darkness of the room, a woman lay asleep , completely aware of the eerie sensation creeping over her, but helpless.

She tired of calling the person sleeping next to her, but her lips were immobile. Her peaceful slumber abruptly transformed into a nightmarish ordeal as her mind awoke, but her body remained trapped in immobility. Panic welled up as she tried to move, her limbs heavy and unresponsive. The room, once a sanctuary of comfort, now felt oppressive as she struggled against the invisible shackles that held her in a state of sleep paralysis. Her racing heart and stifled gasps were the only signs of her terrifying plight, as she desperately attempted to regain control over her body in the unsettling stillness of the night.

She tries shouting, wailing or at least opening her mouth to vent. She tries gaze upon whatever it is that has captured her. She tries opening her pupils a little to see what's in front of her. She was unsuccessful, though.
She failed badly, and with each effort, her heart felt heavier and her breathing became more sluggish. In the shadows, she felt helpless.
However, she recalled something and chanted
"Om Namah Shivaay"
Because she knew that only the heavenly force of her God could now protect her, she chanted repeatedly. And she was not let down by her faith. With all the strength she had left, she raised her body and jumped off the bed. Now that she was free, she could see, part her lips, and breathe through her mouth. She looked at her hands, which were moving, and at her legs, which had been chained just moments earlier. She offers her one and only saviour thanks and prayers in appreciation.

The person sleeping next to her awakens due to all of these disturbances.

SS- Maddam aap theek hai?

KS- Santu? Hum abhi kabse so rahe hai?

SS- Maddam abhi 3 baj rahe hai, aur aap shayad 12 baje se so Rahi thi. Kyu kya hua?

KS- Hum kabse tumhe aazaj de rahe the. Sun kyu nai Rahi thi.

SS- Awaaj? Maine toh nai suna kuch bhi.

KS- Ahhhh... Chodho Santu. Shayad vaham tha humara.

SS- Thik hai Maddam. Aap so jaiye Mai dekh Rahi hun.

KS- Nai...  Sorry tumhe uthna padh Gaya, humari wajah se.

SS- Koi baat nai Maddam. Aap please so jaiye aapko neend ki jarurat hai, Mai aapke saath hi hun.

KS- Thik hai Santu. So jao chalo.

Karishma tells Santosh a lie. Even though they don't sleep the entire night, Santosh and Karishma repeatedly rest on the bed and appear as though they are asleep. Santosh stays up in anticipation of an unforeseen threat. Karishma, in the meantime, couldn't sleep due to traumatic dream.

______________________________

I don't know if you guys have noticed this or not but I have changed the theme of the story. And also gave you sublte hints about the upcoming......

Jaisa ki yeh update Mai bhi I have given a hint ki aagey kya hone wala hai.
Guess karte raho.
🕶️🍿