Soft Side

The newcomer to the house was seated behind Karishma as she was cooking lunch, grinning as he observed all of her handiwork.
While taking a break from her work, Karishma walks into the living room. The dog follows her and sits behind her once more. As she turns, she nearly steps on his little paw, which she managed to spare.

Karishma returns silently to the kitchen, but when she turned to grab the container from behind, she was startled to see a gentleman  sitting just behind her.

KS- Ama tumhe humare pairo mai aakar marna hai kaa? Hato yahan se!

The puppy is on the ground, opens his eyes to gaze at Karishma, and then closes them again.

KS- Ab hum tumhare upar gire toh animal abuse ka case Mat daalna humare upar samjhe!

Karishma shouts....

Karishma makes her meal and then goes upstairs to look at the outfits.

KS- Samairaa ne ek din mai puri almari faila di hai,  kya hoga iska!
Pehle uska room thik karke aate hai, kyuki woh bhi maharani se nai hua hoga.

Once again, her stalker follows her upstairs, and Karishma turns and ultimately walks on his little paw. The dog cries in pain, and Karishma gets down on her knees and starts massaging his paw immediately.

KS- Sorry Sorry Sorry, tum idhar bhi aa gaye. Pichle aadhe ghante se humare saath upar neeche upar neeche kar rahe ho. Thakte nai kaa tum?
So jao ek jagah. Lag nai naa tumhe. Kyu aa rahe ho humare paas?

The dog approaches Karishma and licks her face. With a startled expression, Karishma turned her face away from him.

KS- Yeh kya tha?

With a sudden loss of vitality, the dog stands at the front door on his two paws. With joy, he lets out a howl and begins to wag his tail.

KS- Isko kya hua?

Karishma moves down and observes the dog scratching the door and let out a loud yelp, seemingly in an attempt to get outside.

When the door opens, the dog attacks the human. The dog, whose tail was constantly wagging back and forth, is caught by the person. When the dog began licking her entire face, the person seemed quite content. With a stupid smile, she stood motionless like a statue.

With a high pitched sound the person speaks

"Haaaaaiiiii Babbbyyyyyy, howww areee youuuuu doinggggggg??????"

When the woman lets go of the dog on the ground, he immediately leaps back onto her lap and begins to bark and wag his tail enthusiastically.

"Ab kaise ho babydoll? Sab theek....
Achaaa yeh btao aap chico se mile?"

KS- Kon chico?

SV- Yeh pyaara saa bachaaa aur kon? Iska naam chico hai, melaaaa chhhiiiccccoooo....

Samairaa, having said this, gets down on her knees and gives her puppy a hug before he starts licking her once more.

I missed you so so so so so sooooo much baby....

Samairaa kisses his head and nose.

KS- Samairaa yeh bache jaisi harkatein mat karo, tumhe pta hai yeh tumhare chico ne kya haal kar Diya tha Ghar kaa?

SV- chico.... Very bad, aapne Mamma ko tang Kiya.

KS- kya? Mam-- Mamma?

SV- Haan ab aap iss Ghar ki badi hai, toh aap iski mummy Hui naa.

KS- Bakwaas band karo, hum ek dog ki maa thodi banaenge.

SV- Dog? Aapne Issey dog kaha? Yeh ek chota saa nanhaa saa pyaaraa sa bacha hai. Meraa baby

(Samairaa gives her dog a gentle scratch on his cheeks, which the dog appreciates and closes his eyes to.)

KS-  yeh yahan rehne wala hai?

SV- aap puch rahe ho ki bta rahe ho?
Par answer hai "Haan" yeh ab idhar hi rahega. Hainaaa Cheese?

Chico barks.

KS- Iska naam toh chico tha, cheese kaise ban Gaya.

SV- Arrey iska naam chico, cheese aur bhi 10-20 hai. Jaise sweetu,love, buttery, sunshine, idiot, bewakuf, gadhe....

KS- Bas... Bas.. hum idhar naamkaran karne nai aaye hai.
Aur....
Yeh yahan nai reh sakta.

SV- Kya!

KS- Nai. Matlab nai. Kon khayal rakhega iska jab hum duty mai rahenge? Isko khaana paani kon dega. Aur Aaj isne kya haal kar Diya tha Ghar kaa, firse waisa kuch Kiya toh? Nai hum isko idhar allow nai karenge.

SV- Arrey Leader kya aap bhi, sache Mai Mamma jaisi baatein kar Rahi hai.
Cheese ek trained dog hai.

KS- Trained aur yeh? Acha mazak hai.

SV- Arrey meri baat toh suno, naye environment mai aane ki wajah se Mera bacha thoda anxious ho gaya tha, isliye thodi si tabahi macha di.

Agali baar se Aisa kuch nai hoga. Hainaa chico?

Samairaa and Karishma Both look at cheeku who was biting a pillow cover.

SV- Cheese  No! (Slapping her face)

Karishma gives an evil smirk to Samairaa and mimics her

"Trained dog hai"

Samairaa's frowns.

SV- Khaana peene ke liye iska dog food ready hai, Issey khaana kaise Lena hai aata hai. Iss jaar mai khana aur paani daalo aur bowl par attach kar do, jab cheese ko khana hoga woh uss button ko press kar dega, problem solved.

KS- Walk kon kareyega Issey? Ghar ganda kar diya isne toh?

SV- Uske maine pet nany hire kar Li hai, woh beech beech Mai Cheese ko dekh lega.  Ab toh rehne do naa please....

Samairaa takes cheese on her lap and both look at Karishma with puppy eyes.

"Pleaseeeeee Naaaa BabyyyyDolllll" says Samairaa.
"Aaauuuunnnnnnnnn " says cheese.

In a quaint little living room bathed in the soft, golden hues of the setting sun, Karishma was stuck at her decision standing in front of two beautiful and pleasing gazes. She had always been wary of dogs, a discomfort that stemmed from her childhood encounters with strays. However, on this particular evening, her perception was about to change.

A friendly, furry Indian Pariah puppy Cheese slowly shifted to Karishma from Sammie's hold. Karishma held him cautiously.

Karishma  noticed his gentle and loving nature. His eyes, usually bright and expressive, were softened by an unmistakable aura of love and warmth. Cheese's eyes bore into Karishma's with an almost human-like tenderness as he gazed at her, a hint of curiosity mixed with an overflowing affection.

Karishma, initially apprehensive, couldn't help but be captivated by the sincerity in Cheese's gaze. His wagging tail and gentle disposition melted away her reservations, and she extended her trembling hand to pet him. Cheese, with his endearing, slobbery kisses, now sat more comfortable on her lap, nestled in the crook of her arm. The sensation, once repulsive to her, now felt surprisingly comforting and reassuring.

The home became a place of unexpected connection between Karishma and Cheese. As he nuzzled her cheek and she reciprocated with a gentle pat on his head, Karishma realized that perhaps dogs, even Indian Pariah puppies, were not to be feared but embraced. In this moment, she felt an unexpected bond with Cheese, and her dislike for dogs had been replaced with a newfound appreciation for their unwavering love and loyalty which Samairaa noticed.

Samairaa felt overwhelmed because finally her plan worked. Her face had a big smile looking at the duo, cherishing new bonding in the house.

KS(to cheese)- Theek hai theek hai, itna makhan mat lagao hume. Reh sakte ho tum yahan.
Par.... Humari shart yaad rakhna warna tum aur tumhari Samairaa dono ko shelter Mein  bejh denge. Samjhe?

SV- Samajh gaye. Yeaaaaaahhhhhh

Samairaa jumps and engulf Cheese and Karishma happily. Karishma laughed too looking at the happy  Samairaa and Cheese.