Chapter 9 "quarter finalists"

You feared that your classmates were mad at you for what you did with yaomomo, or some of them probably lost their faint and respect and trust in you. But as soon as you arrived you were shock at how they approached you.

"Y/N! WE WERE SO WORRIED!" toru and mina yelled at the same time and they ran towards you engulfing you in a large tight hug.

The three of you stumbled down to the ground as they continued to cry in your shoulders.

"y/n!" Izuku yelled, lida, denki, jiro, tsuyu and the rest of your classmates walked up to you.

"are you okay y/n?" tsuyu asked.

"I was shock when you fainted like that.. Good thing cementoss caught you in time.." jiro said.

Denki was slightly crying at this point you raised an eyebrow.

"why are you crying..?" you asked.

Denki sniffled.

"because you have all the chicks crying on your arrival y/n! I'm so jealous!" denki said.

"save some ladies for us, You scum!" mineta yelled but everyone ignored him.

You sighed.

"sorry for making you all worried, I'll make sure to make it up to you all when I have the chance." you said, hugging toru and mina back.

"well you better do! I thought you died from a heart, you own me not one but 5 Boba tea drinks!" mina said.

You started to awkwardly laugh, but it's good to know that your thought that they'll hate you wasn't true..

"that's enough! We should let y/n rest for now, pls go back to your seats!" lida said.

Everyone then began to go back to their daily do's and went back to their seats, you sat down next to izuku and lida.

"y/n, is it okay to ask what were those white flames that you suddenly emitted?" Izuku asked pulling his book out.

Your eyes widened when the events came back to you, you chuckled before replying.

"I don't know actually, but apparently recovery girl and aizawa said it's called 'quirk awakening'. They said it's a rare phenomenon where an individual's quirk unlocks another ability, kinda like leveling up skills in a video game for example." you explained.

Izuku, lida turned to you with astonishment.

" quirk awakening? Is such thing really possible? " Izuku asked.

Lida turned to him.

" it's possible, only about 1 in a million individuals are able to unlock new feats to their quirks, one of my ancestors experienced it, but they only got to use the ability once, after that they never tried to use it again." lida said.

Izuku turned to him shock by his answer.

" really?! Can you tell me more about the quirk awakening thing. " Izuku asked.

You also turned to Lida, curious about his answer.

Lida nodded.

"my brother learned about this quirk awakening during his college years, apparently 'Quirk Awakening' is a phenomenon where a mysterious process by which dormant abilities lying deep within an individual's genetic code are suddenly brought to the surface. My brother said it's theorized that during pivotal life-altering moments or extreme emotional upheavals, a unique trigger mechanism within the human psyche prompts the release of latent powers, thereby unlocking a person's true potential.". Lida explained.