Chapter 30 "A VS B"

~Flashback to the night before today~
Somewhere in Japan:

In a dimly lit abandoned factory, somewhere near the coast, two specific individuals meet.

"That wasn't our deal." Hawks sternly said to Dabi as he pointed one of his sharpend feathers at Dabi's neck, to which Dabi was unfazed by but still slightly lifted his neck.

"Is that so?" Dabi asked nonchalantly.

"Can't we be friends, Dabi?" Hawks calmly asked.

"You barely have any feathers left." Dabi pointed out and glanced at Hawk's small wings behind him.

Hawks narrowed his eyes at Dabi.

"I wouldn't dare negotiate with a liar unarmed. We should be executing our plan tomorrow at the factory on the coast. But it came into the city, and there was the Nomu... It was on a different level compared to what we had seen." As Hawks spoke, the moon reflected on his amber golden eyes that added a threatening atmosphere in the abandoned factory.

"You could've warned me beforehand. Didn't you know that Nomu almost killed your beloved 'brother' Y/n." Hawks continued as he slightly moved his sharpend feather closer to Dabi's neck.

Dabi smirked and lifted his chin a little more upon feeling Hawk's feather closer to his neck.

" I had a change of heart. Didn't I tell you it was to test the Nomu's performance? Besides. He didn't kill
Y/n, that's all that matters." He then glanced at Hawk's feather and slightly used his finger to move it aside.

"Plus, if things didn't turn out as we agreed, I could say the same about you too. I don't recall telling you to bring me the Number 1 hero. He was too much for the Nomu ya know." Dabi said.

"The Number 1 Hero is covered in wounds. That should put a smile on your face." Hawks glared at Dabi.

"I held up to my end of the promise, but you didn't." Hawks continued.

Dabi frowned at him.

"I am. But seeing that Y/n was affected too, I lost my mood" Dabi disappointingly closed his eyes while still slightly smiling.

"You can't possibly ask me to trust the Number 2 Hero so easily." He then used his finger to lower his feather.

"Not to mention Nomu didn't kill anyone today. Your action didn't seem like someone who would help our cause over aligned interest." Dabi said.

"I still need my identity as a hero. The better other heroes trust me, the more Intel I get, and the more chances 'Y/n Shigaraki' could return to you. Try to see the big picture here." Hawks left his defensive stance, but his dagger glare didn't waver.

Dabi didn't reply to Hawks because he had a slight point, and because he was already fed up with this small argument and saw no point in it.

Dabi stepped forward, and walked pass Hawks, to which Hawks didn't react and didn't even turn to look at him.

"I'm doing this for the League of Villains, Dabi." Hawks called out.