Chapter 23 "Return Of What Was Lost"

The next day, The news forecasted who were the heroes who was heavily injured during the yakuza raid, but only one died out of all of them.

A Hero named Nighteye, you weren't familiar with him, so you went online and researched him, apparently, he used to be All Mights old partner, but the two went their separate ways for unknown reasons.

You also found out from Twice that he
Was the reason why his masked got grazed.

But, this Nighteye guy seemed really important... You felt bad a little... And wondered what the heroes were thinking now, how do they plan on moving on. Now that an old accomplish of them had died.

But what worried you even more was the thought of you not actually being a Shigaraki... So you decided to question Shigaraki himself for this contriversal.

You hesitantly knocked on his door... And waited for a reply.

...
Soon later he spoke.

"Who's there?" Shigaraki asked.

"It's me... If it's alright to ask, may I speak with you?" you called out hoping Shigaraki would let you in.

... There was a long pause, it almost seemed like he rejected your offer, when you were about to leave, the door suddenly opened.

"Fine. Come in." Shigaraki said and opened the door wider for you to enter.

You smiled in relief and stepped inside, unlike the rest of the League's rooms, Shigaraki was the one who had chairs, although they were dirty and unkept, it's still something especially if you're a villain.

Shigaraki sat down and you also did, sitting infront of him while you faced each other.

"What is it?" he asked annoyed of your presence as always.

You hesitated for a moment... Before you spoke.

"Tomura," you began cautiously, making sure to not call him Shigaraki to let him know that you're serious.

"I've been thinking... about myself...
Am I really a Shigaraki?" you questioned hoping that he won't get mad.

Shigaraki raised an eyebrow at your inquiry.

"What kind of question is that? Of course, you're one of us." he replied with not much effort.

Your gaze hardened on his reply, showing your dissatisfaction. it was obvious he's lying.

"But how can I be sure? How can anyone be sure? I don't remember anything of my life before I joined the LOV. What if I'm not really Y/n Shigaraki?" you questioned even further while your voice was a little louder then usual.

Shigaraki let out an exasperated sigh.

"Stop overthinking it. You're here, part of the League. That's what matters." He said adding a dismissive wave.

Your skepticism grew even more, and you leaned forward, with intensity in your eyes.

"Tell me the truth, Tomura. Are you hiding something about me? Am I really who you say I am?" you questioned again.

Shigaraki met your gaze, his irritation was growing.

"Why would I lie? You're part of the League because I said so. End of story." he said.

You were dissatisfied with his response again, so you pushed even further.

"What if I want to find out more about myself? About who I was before the League?" you questioned again, not showing any signs of backing down.