1] Snake of the Barrel

Diena Fahey was well aware of how the people of the Barrel saw her

You would never know looking at the Zemeni girl that she was one of the most dangerous people in town, rivalled only by Pekka Rollins and Kaz Brekker.

Everyone in town had a gimmick, sleight of hand, murder, prostitution, drugs but Diena's trade was more valuable, secrets held the strings of whether to make or break a life.
When you knew someone secret that could either make an ally or have them become your puppets.

Diena and her Sea Snakes were the puppet masters of the Barrel. One slip of a secret and they could topple empires, ruin reputations, uncover skeletons people would rather stay buried even break the hardest gang bosses.

Diena had worked her way up from the bottom, making allies, collecting information before building her small but deadly empire.

She was the Snake of Ketterdam, people from the Barrel knew better to threaten her or her people. Unless they're wanted to be thrown into prison, wind up on the streets or even in an unmarked grave on the outskirts of town.

And so long as she had her Sea Snakes, nothing could touch her.

Walking down the streets was never a sure thing, but Diena was as sure as she could be. The tourists from other countries who were at the mercy of pickpockets such as herself would provide enough cover.

She turned into an alley way and stopped dead in her tracks when she heard a whistle, she hated men who thought they had the right to whistle at a woman, the working girls in the pleasure houses were used to it, they knew how to play it off.

Diena preferred to play it off with her fists and show of force.

She turned around and saw members of the First Army behind her, soldiers who had clearly never been to Ketterdam before because she was certainly not dressed like someone who wanted that kind of attention, "What's a girl like you doing in a place like this?" One of the men asked

Diena rolled her eyes but gave her best fake smile, "You're not from around here are you, Ravka?"

"Are we that obvious?" He asked, Diena nodded, "Do you work around here?"