12] Zemeni Poetry

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

The Little Palace was the most humble building in all of Ravka, but it was in no way little

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

The Little Palace was the most humble building in all of Ravka, but it was in no way little. Quaint in comparison to the Grand Palace. But calling the Little Palace, little, was like saying Kaz had a mild attraction to Kruge

A blatant lie.

Jesper and Diena were with the rest of the circus team getting ready for the show later that night. Diena was sitting on a bench behind Jesper thinking that he was listening to her, "It's worn off." Diena groaned as she was stretching her wrists.

Not using their powers when they did it calmed the sickness for a few hours but not for very long, it would always come back until the pair fully accepted who and what they were. Which wasn't going to happen.

Diena looked up expecting an answer when she saw Jesper looking at the Stable Hand. Diena smiled as she stood up and walked over to him, "Jes, you're not even paying attention, are you?"

Jesper looked down at her, "I'm sorry. What now?"

"I said, you're not paying attention." Diena repeated

Jesper paused, trying to remember what she had just said to him but he came up blank, "Oh, I do vaguely remember you stretching your wrists. Was that recently? Can never tell with you."

Diena rolled her eyes, "Aren't you supposed to be scouting our way out?"

"What do you think I'm doing?" Jesper asked

Diena gave him a look and said, "I think you're flirting with that stable hand."

Jesper scoffed, as if she had said the most ridiculous thing on the planet to him, "What Stable-" Diena nodded to the man, "Oh him. I suppose he's moderately attractive, but I hadn't really noticed. Look I get it you're grouchy, but lighten up."

"This is going to be a lot less amusing when the carriage you find isn't fast enough."

Jesper raised an eyebrow, "Oh. So now you're not just my sister but a carriage expert too? Tell me, what makes one carriage faster than another? Wheels? Weight? The year it was built?"

Diena just raised her eyebrows, she wasn't going to answer. She was going to let her brother try and explain things to her, "Tell you what, don't answer, trick question. The right answer is there is no answer. The carriage doesn't matter. It's the horse that makes the difference. The horse determines how far, how fast. And that determines whether you get caught or not."