31] Ohval Saran

Diena knew Shu, to a certain extent

Diena knew Shu, to a certain extent. She was good with languages, not as good as Nina. But she knew Zemeni, Kerch and Kaelish fluently. Ravkan and Shu to some degree, Suli and Fjerdan she could only make out a few words.

So in a Shu market, there was a lot of words she couldn't make out. Zoya, Nina, Inej and Tolya were honouring the Saints whilst Diena, Jesper, Kaz and Wylan watched. Jesper grabbed Diena's arm and moved her to the side, "So...Tolya is your Shu man? I'd say the Saints have a funny sense of humour...but they don't. You tumble with a man who works for people you hate...irony."

"I didn't know who he worked for. And we don't tumble, never did."

Jesper snorted, "Well that's less eventful."

Diena rolled her eyes, "What did you do with Wylan? Why's he mad at you? You either said or did something."

"The former. I said something."

Diena motioned to Wylan who was standing all alone, looking rather awkward, "Well go and fix it! Do you want a push towards him?"

"Shut up." Jesper chuckled, nudging her in the shoulder

Tolya then walked back towards them, "You know it's considered bad luck not to honour the Saints during Suntsa Sar."

Jesper chuckled, "If I believed in luck, I'd be in less debt."

"I'm more concerned with the living." Kaz added

Diena shrugged, "My Saints are right here, I don't need to honour them."

Tolya looked at the group and Diena knew what that look meant, he was going to spout some poetry at them, "Tend not to your ghosts and they will come back hungry."

"Is that why you're always eating?" Diena retorted with a smile

Tolya smiled back as he ripped off a piece of his bread and tossed it over to her

Because Nina was the best at speaking Shu she and Kaz were sitting at a table in the tea shop pretending to be married. Inej was on the roof watching them whilst Tolya and Diena were sitting at another table ready to be backup if needed.