39] The Plan...Kind Of

Diena didn't know all the details of what had happened between Nina and Matthias

Diena didn't know all the details of what had happened between Nina and Matthias. But whatever it was, the Fjerdan seemingly hadn't forgotten it, his face read thunder. 

But now the whole group were standing in one of Kaz's back rooms that was damp and smelled of death. Her club was a lot nicer, she wasn't afraid to admit that. 

Diena was sitting on a chair, Jesper on the ground in front of her, his knees drawn up. Wylan, was scribbling something in his notes on the other side of the round table whilst Matthias was still tied to a chair with Nina behind him, leaning against the wall. 

Kaz stood in front of Matthias, as he told him the details of the plan. Everything was prompted by Jan Van Eck and that was no good thing. 

Diena was just watching Matthias, waiting for him to pull something, she knew his siblings so she doubted that he was anything different. She wouldn't hurt him, but he would definitely try and hurt some of them. 

When Kaz had finished explaining everything to Matthias he looked up and said one word, "No." 

Diena expected nothing less. 

"Believe me when I say this Helvar. I know getting knocked out and waking up in a strange place isn't the friendliest way to start a partnership, but you didn't give us many options, so try to open your mind to the possibilities." 

Matthias's voice was completely taunting them, "You could have come to me on your knees, and the answer would be the same." 

"You do understand I can have you back at Hellgate in a matter of hours? Once poor Muzzen is in the infirmary, the switch will be easy." Kaz told him 

Matthias nodded, "Do it. I can't wait to tell the warden your ridiculous plan." 

Diena snorted, "What makes you think you'll go back with a tongue?" 

She wasn't going to hurt him. But he didn't know that. 

"Kaz-" 

Matthias cut Nina off, "Do what you want." 

Nina let out a defeated sigh, "I told you." 

"Don't pretend to know me, witch." Matthias snarled, his eyes purely on Kaz