37] Welcome To Hellgate

The Sea Snakes were once again thriving in Ketterdam

The Sea Snakes were once again thriving in Ketterdam. Once again Diena was the puppet master with all of the Barrel under her control. She was back to where she needed to be. 

It had taken them time. But they had managed it. They had their own ways of remembering their fallen Snakes. Kaz knew that she was rebuilding her empire and herself so he didn't bother her with smaller jobs that he knew others could do themselves. 

The outing of Big Bolliger being one of them. How Diena would have loved to be in that room when he got outed, but she was there in spirit and she got all the information from Jesper as soon as it happened. 

After all, she gave Kaz the information about the guards who were going to be on duty that night, where they would be, and how to get them to crack. 

Since Ravka, the Crows and the Sea Snakes had a better alliance. Everything seemed to be going alright, until chaos erupted at King Nikolai's coronation and the word of Jurda Parem started to spread. 

But even though it was good. Diena was a ghost of a Crow now. She didn't spend a lot of time at the Slat or the Crow Club. She saw Nina and Wylan on occasion, Jesper more than the rest of them. She only ever saw Kaz to do business, but even then it was business they didn't talk like friends, when they took down Pekka Rollins they talked like friends. 

Not anymore. They had just gone back to the way they were before. 

But Diena knew the next plan of Kaz's. To break into Hellgate. And break someone out. 

But of course that wasn't going to go to plan. So she had to go to the Crow Club. 

"Kaz." Diena said as she opened the door to his office, the workers at the Crow Club just let her walk straight up, they didn't even bat an eyelid, "When are you going to Hellgate?"  

"Tonight." He answered, "A house call? Thought you stopped doing them." He crossed his arms and sat down in his chair

Diena sat down in the chair on the other side of the desk, "You don't have the people to pull this off, Kaz." Just by the look on his face, she knew she had done exactly what he wanted her to do, "Which you know...why am I here?"