27] Six Feet Deep

It was Sankt Emerens, a holiday widely celebrated in Ketterdam

It was Sankt Emerens, a holiday widely celebrated in Ketterdam. So no one was really paying attention to much. Wearing a crow mask Diena hopped onto a wooden structure that was being used to hold up one of the gambling houses, "Ladies and Gentlemen," Diena shouted to the people who were gathering around, curious as to what she was doing, "How are you enjoying Sankt Emerens?"

Cheers rang around the square, people whistling, tankards smashing against
each other in the pub by the corner...One that happened to belong to one Pekka Rollins. And happened to be the first establishment to be hit by the 'plague'.

Diena took off her mask, causing gasps around the crowd as people began recognizing her. "It's the Snake!" She saw Stadwatch guards start to make their way to the stage through the crowd and peered over to the pub as she saw the first person rushing their way out of it.

"It seems like the plague has returned to Ketterdam!" she shouted into the crowd, and people furrowed their eyebrows. The guards were closer now. "Come on boys, ready?!"

Right on cue, the sirens of the plague began blasting. And screams erupted through the square.

With that, the Snake of the Barrel jumped off of the structure and began running through the crowd. People began shouting, running around, shoving people, and trying to scatter away from the crowded area.

Soon enough she was being chased again, not only by the Stadwatch guards but by Pekka's men that had heard her. She laughed as she turned the corner into an alley that led towards the open door of an abandoned warehouse.

This was the part of the job Diena loved, the thrill of the chase. Instead of going in, Diena hooked her foot on a hook at the ground, one of Meena's old hooks, Pekka could try to erase the Snakes but he would always miss something, she kicked the lever at the side of the hook and it lifted her up and off the ground, landing on the roof just as the men chasing after her ran in the Alley.

They shouted at each other as they found it empty. Some of them left to search the streets but most of them fell right into her trap. Walking through the open door. The only way out of the Warehouse. Diena grinned as she leaned over the edge of the roof and flicked her wrist slamming the door behind them, it took her a second to move the lock into place but she managed in the end.