23] Destruction

Jesper had no idea where his sister was, he went down to the hide but the second he saw a Dime Lion at the door he turned around

Jesper had no idea where his sister was, he went down to the hide but the second he saw a Dime Lion at the door he turned around. Diena was right something was wrong.

He should have realised from the simple fact that there were no Sea Snakes when they first arrived back in town, if everything was normal then at least someone would have met them at the docks, but there was no one.

And in the space of getting off the ship, they had been arrested, escaped, the Crow Club had been taken over, the Hide had been taken over and quite frankly everything was going wrong. For some reason Jesper had decided to be a horrible older brother and let his little sister, who yes was more scarier than he was but still, he had let her go around town on her own, with no protection.

Which led to him wandering around town hoping that his ring would let him know where she was.

Jesper remembered when he first came to the Barrel and he saw his stone go blue, he was beyond confused because the last he knew Diena was off in Novo Kribirsk doing who knows what. But then he spotted her dealing cards and skilfully stacking dice like he had never seen before at the tables of the Hide and he realised what was actually going on with his sister.

She had finally found where she belonged, even if that was on the East Stave of Ketterdam.

He walked down an alley and stopped when the stone turned blue, but he couldn't see a single place where Diena could be, until he spotted the Storm Cellar. Everyone knew that when the Snakes weren't at the Hide they were at the Den, but no one actually knew where it was. It would seem like Jesper was about to find out.

He grunted as he pulled open the doors and climbed down the stairs shutting the doors behind him, he half expected it to be crawling with people but there was no one there. He quickly span around when he heard a gun cock, "Diena!"

Jesper rushed over to her when he saw her up against the wall with her gun pointed towards him with blood all over her face, "What the hell happened to you?" Jesper asked as he crouched down in front of her, "We haven't even been here a day yet."

Diena put her gun down on the ground as Jesper sat up against the wall with her once assessing that there was no serious damage, "Rollins. He took my club...killed my Snakes. He was gonna kill me...he didn't change everything in my office though, I had one of Anneke's bombs."