21] Nowhere to Hide

Sneaking around the streets of Ketterdam was easy

Sneaking around the streets of Ketterdam was easy. What she wasn't expecting that when she turned the corner to The Hide, Aaron wasn't at the door. There was no one at the door.

"Oh he takes breaks now does he?" Diena muttered to herself as she walked up the steps and into the club

She stopped dead in her tracks, the club she had walked into, was not her club. Anneke and Eva weren't at the bar. Dara wasn't at his normal table. But no one seemed to be stopping her so she walked towards the back and up the stairs to the second level

"Captain?" Diena called as she knocked on the door that belonged to Kit, if anyone could tell her what was going on it was him, "Nico? You in there?"

Coming to the conclusion that neither of the siblings were in she walked down the corridor and into her office, "Vesemir what in the..." Diena stopped talking when she didn't see Vesemir at the desk

Her office had completely changed, where her cabinet of information was there were scorch marks all up the walls and that could only mean one thing, "Someone's gonna die."

"Correct."

Before she could react Diena's knees were kicked back and she dropped to the ground, someone grabbed her from behind, grabbing her hair and pulling her head back.

She grunted as she looked up and saw Rollins walking into her office, "Figured you'd come here eventually."

One of Rollins's bodyguards punched her around the face, Diena groaned as she spat some blood out of her mouth, "Don't ruin my carpet, Miss Fahey!...you're probably thinking where are your Snakes?"

"That amongst other things. Including how painful I'm going to make your death."

Rollins laughed, "That's what Sara said." Another punch around the face, "You said you didn't play favourites, Snake."

Diena laughed, blood staining her teeth, "I lied. I play in Brekker's game. I ask again, what the hell did you do?!"

"I had the Crow Club. But your Snakes didn't make it easy on me. They put up a fight." Rollins chuckled, "The old lady went down first protecting you're uh...what do you call it? Hatchling, the blonde one."