10] Chaos is Common

Diena wasn't mad that she wasn't a part of the actual heist, Kaz and Jesper could both see that she wasn't having a good time and didn't want the possibility of something going wrong

That was the thing, when Grisha don't use their Small Science for extended periods of time are said to grow weaker over time. Jesper's sickness was that he had a ridiculous amount of energy that couldn't be released through his powers. Which caused him to make rash and reckless decisions.

Diena's sickness was the fact that on bad days it simply hurt her to pick up little things such as pens, the pain would travel from her elbow to her forearm, some days it was worse than others and today was one of her worse ones. And that pain wouldn't be released until she used her powers.

Which she wasn't about to do. So instead she just tightly wrapped her red bandanna around her wrists.

Jesper didn't want to leave her but he had a job to do, so whilst she stayed in a room they had rented, the rest of the group went to get the map.

It was the dead of night and if she was back home it would be Diena's favourite time of the day. The darkness giving her cover to do whatever she wanted, the shadows hiding her to allow her to do her job.

The dark was when the Sea Snakes thrived, everyone was out at night. Diena would be robbing men blind and leaving them in the gutter. Not worrying about her club, the Hatchlings would be pickpocketing and Meena would be on the rooves.

Eva would be flirting her way into getting whatever she wanted. Skills that Diena was slowly picking up over the years.

They would just have fun, they wouldn't be the business people that they were, they'd be thieves and rats. Getting what they wanted.

Was it ruthless? Yes. But the nights in the Barrel were kill or be killed, the streets itself were ruthless and Diena and her Sea Snakes matched that ruthlessness with all that they had.

But in Kribirsk. That lacked anything she could get her hands on. She had wandered around, trying to build a bank of information just in case anything was going to go wrong.

But Kribirsk was quiet, there was nothing exciting. Ketterdam was always loud, you could always hearing screaming, yelling, laughing, complete chaos.

Diena liked the chaos. She was missing it, she hated the silence of Ravka, no matter how pretty it was.

She had been told all about the beauty of Ravka, but she much preferred the chaos of the Barrel.

She could control that chaos, she could start some or end some.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Got any plans up your sleeve?" Inej asked Kaz as they all gathered the next morning along the bar

Jesper put his hand on Diena's wrist, slightly rubbing it trying to ease the tension of it, when he noticed the bandanna.

They had the map, but no one had any idea on how to get into the Little Palace, they didn't have a lot of time to do it either, "I mean, Kribirsk isn't the worst." Jesper muttered and immediately laughed at Diena's face, "We can open up a bar. Brew East Ravkan beer for the Westerners."

"Shut up Jesper." all of them said at the same time

Jesper sighed, "I miss Milo."

"I miss Ketterdam." Diena added and Jesper nodded, the gears in Diena's head then clicked into place, "Wait. We want in the Little Palace?"

Jesper nodded, "What have you got?"

"Give me two seconds. Arken come with me." Diena ordered, Arken didn't move for a second so Diena grabbed him by the back of the shirt and pulled him off of the stool

Diena found Arken insufferable before, but now that they were in his turf he was even worst, "Just go and talk to whoever's running this excuse of a circus would you? Make some stuff what, something's gonna happen."

"But-"

Diena cut him off, "On your one day off a week you and-"

"Ok! Okay, I'm going."

Diena chuckled to herself as Arken walked off, she would never get tired of how in less than a second she could make people so nervous

Diena made her way over to the side of the room where the acrobat was spinning around in the fabric that was attached to the ceiling, "I am such a hypocrite." Diena muttered as she looked down at her hands

She was amplified but she wasn't good. Her mother would hate that was as old as she was and a terrible Squaller but that was just the way that the world worked.

Diena moved her hands and with one flick of her hand the silk fabric holding the acrobat moved slightly, leaving the acrobat tumbling to the ground.

It wasn't bad enough to kill them, but it would ensure that that particular acrobat wouldn't be performing at the Little Palace

From the other side of the room, Akren didn't see how she did it but she now understood what Diena wanted him to do. Diena on the other hand was walking back to the bar, now with only a small twinge in her wrists, "Give it a few minutes."

"What did you do?" Kaz asked

Diena gave him a look, "You want to get in the Little Palace but you don't know how. I saw a plan, I used the plan."

"Friends." The annoying voice of Arken was heard, as he made his way towards them, a short man behind him.

"What are you so cheery about?" Kaz demanded

Arken pointed to the man behind him, "This is Marko. Marko is the leader of the travelling troupe known as the Pomdrakon Players. They have been invited to perform in this years Winter Fete."

Marko nodded, "A life long dream."

"Yes, yes." Arken said sympathetically, "A chance to get inside the Little Palace. But they lost their star performer due to a...unfortunate freak accident."

Jesper turned his head to Diena who just shrugged, they wanted a way in and now they had one. She didn't kill anyone which was a win in itself.

"They are in desperate need of someone with the skills to replace their star performer, and as Ketterdam's premier talent manager, I had an idea."

Turning her head to the side, Diena looked at Inej. Inej took a deep breath and nodded before turning to Kaz handing him one of her daggers, "As a friend once said, If I can't crack this, none of us are going anywhere."

Thank you for reading

I love showing hints of Diena's 'Ketterdam' ness

Is there anything that you guys particularly want to see from Diena or interacting wise??

Comment and Vote :)