13] The Little Palace

Blue was not Diena's colour, and having her hair pinned back also wasn't her style

Blue was not Diena's colour, and having her hair pinned back also wasn't her style. Kaz had managed to steal her a Squaller Kefta something she wasn't happy about.

She figured that Kaz had purposefully given her one of those just to spite her, something she was going to bring up to him later.

Diena moved towards a staircase where in the middle, Inej was hanging from giving the performance of her life. Diena shot her a wink and Inej smiled.

The ballroom of the Little Palace was drowning in guests but a clearing stood before the raised platform where the King and Queen of Ravka sat on their thrones.

Diena hated the Ravkan nobility, the urge to take all of the air out of their lungs was strong. They had allowed Grisha children to be taken from their homes and to be trained as soldiers from the minute their powers came in.

"Your homicidal side is showing." Kaz's voice broke Diena's murderous thoughts

Diena glanced up at him and he was standing beside her in a guards uniform, "Squaller Kefta? Really? And I thought you loved my homicidal side?"

Kaz rolled his eyes but Diena didn't miss the smirk on his face, "Regicide gets the death penalty. My love for your homicidal...tendencies shall we call them? Aside. I still need you alive."

"Way to have faith on me. Take their breath from here, drop the Kefta. No one would know."

"I have faith in you, Fahey. Inej is meeting me, keep an eye out on the Summoner."

Diena nodded, "No Mourners..."

"No Funerals." Kaz muttered before walking away from her

She then spotted the Darkling walking into the ballroom. She saw him interacting with the Rulers of Ravka. His hatred for the crown was obvious.

Another black kefta, embroidered in gold then walked into the room. Alina Starkov looked like a Saint, she looked untouched by all that the world truly was, Diena knew that it wouldn't be for long.

Two Inferni started to perform for the people in the room, flames being thrown to and from the sides of the room.

"Do I know you?"

Diena turned and saw another girl in a Squaller Kefta walking towards her, and then she realised that it was time to do what she did best, act, "I don't know, I haven't been here long. I'm Aditti."

"Zoya."

Zoya looked at her with a very sceptical look on her face, so Diena decided to try her best to stop that, "My father hid me so I wouldn't be found by the Scouts...they found me in the end."

"Squaller?" Zoya asked and Diena nodded, "Prove it."

Diena chuckled, "You are one very untrusting person, I like that." Zoya's expression didn't change, "Alright."

Saying she was hid for most of her life gave her a little bit of free reign, she wouldn't be as good because she wasn't trained, but she did have one trick she was particularly good at.

Sometimes she thought about what would happen if she hadn't stopped using her power, if she had gotten trained would things be different. She would definitely be better than she was.

Zoya then took notice of the red and black scales which were formed into a necklace around her neck, "You're amplified?"

"I am. Like I said, I haven't been here long."

Amplifiers were hard to find but Vesemir and Rhaenys were always up for the challenge of finding them for the Grisha that were in the Sea Snakes. And most of the time they succeeded, one story of an Amplifier and they would go and check it out.

Diena was amplified by the scales of a Red Milk Snake. Anneke had a wolfs tooth behind her ear, it was her way of having a piece of Fjerda with her.

Aaron and Meena weren't so happy with that one but Anneke assured them that the Wolf was already injured and that she was helping it by putting it out of it's pain.

Ivan had a Sherborn bear claw on the back of his hand, Eva had a Northern Seal Tooth on the back of her ear.

Nora, Dara and Nico were yet to get their Amplifiers but Diena had no doubt that the married couple of gang would find them one eventually.

Her trick was something that Ivan had shown her once, Diena moved her hands against each other and when she moved them away little sparks of lightning could be seen in between them.

"Believe me now?" Diena asked, strain her voice. It wasn't the easiest thing to do. She put her hands together and stopped the lightning, "Learn to trust people, Zoya."

Just then two guards ran past, "The Sun Summoner was attacked."

Zoya groaned as she ran past them, Diena chuckled as she leaned against the wall, "Oh she's going to kick herself."

She then made her way to the nearest exit, she walked out through the back door until she found Jesper leaning against a statue a look of glee on his face, "What happened? You okay?" Jesper asked

Diena nodded, "I'm okay. I can lie my way out of a paper bag. Woah, what happened to you?" Diena asked when she saw Kaz and Inej walking towards them

Inej took a shaky breath before speaking, "She's real, Jesper. She made the light sing."

"I missed the show. Typical." Diena said

Kaz ignored her, "We lost her."

Jesper's grin widened, "Did we?"

They began walking to the carriage Jesper had acquired. Kaz frowned, "We don't know where she is."

"Don't we?" Jesper laughed, "Just ask."

"Jesper..."

Jesper climbed onto the carriage, "Just ask."

Kaz climbed on after Inej whilst Diena, leaned back to look at the chest on the back of the carriage a smile forming on her face, "Just ask." Jesper repeated

Jesper laughed as Diena got onto the back of the carriage leaning back against the seat. That wasn't as chaotic as she thought it was going to be.

"Jes?" Diena asked, she wanted to confirm what she thought she knew

Jesper continued laughing, "Of course we do. I'm me."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

In the basement of the Little Palace, Arken was tied to a chair in front of General Kirigan, Zoya and Ivan, "Who are these criminals that wanted the Sun Summoner?"

Arken looked up at him, he knew that if by some miracle he got out, Kaz and Diena would kill him on sight but he had to use any chance that he had, "Kaz Brekker, Jesper Fahey, Inej Ghafa and Diena Fahey."

Thank you for reading

So now Kirigan knows their names, saw a little bit more of Diena's power here as well, always love that

QUESTION: Who do you ship Diena with??

Comment and Vote