An Angel's Bliss

Revolution had yet to touch here. I felt it in the back of my mind things wouldn't always be so peaceful, but for now all was well.Life was good, the people living here lived in peace without too much trouble from those rascally vampires. My family is here, and my daughter is under my roof once more.

As the centuries passed I virtually forgot most of my old life as a celestial, but some things came through still, like songs which I felt wouldn't exist for a couple of centuries, and knowledge of things beyond my time.

I started to sing while I tended my garden, a song  I believed was yet to be heard.

I started to sing while I tended my guardian, a song yet to be heard.

Des yeux qui font baisser les miens
Un rire qui se perd sur sa bouche
Voilà le portrait sans retouche
De l'homme auquel j'appartiens

Quand il me prend dans ses bras
Qu'il me parle tout bas
Je vois la vie en rose
Il me dit des mots d'amour
Des mots de tous les jours
Et ça m'fait quelque chose

Il est entré dans mon cœur
Une part de bonheur
Dont je connais la cause
C'est lui pour moi, moi pour lui dans la vie
Il me l'a dit, l'a juré, pour la vie
Et dès que je l'aperçois
Alors, je sens en moi
Mon cœur qui bat

Des nuits d'amour à plus finir
Un grand bonheur qui prend sa place
Des ennuis, des chagrins s'effacent
Heureux, heureux, à en mourir

"You have the most beautiful voice."

I turned my head a light accented voice.

"Thank you." I smiled. "I didn't know I had an audience. Can I help you?" I approached the fence and greeted the two humans. Both dark skinned with the scent and clothes of distant lands.

"Oh no. No." The man pleasantly excused himself. He was lighter skinned with beautiful crystal blue eyes. "Forgive us. We were on our way when we heard singing. I've never heard a voice so divine. You sing like an angel on earth."

"Oh!" I blushed. "Well thank you." I couldn't help but chuckle. My friend you have no idea.

"From him that's a compliment." The young woman remarked next to him. She was darker skinned and equally beautiful, yet there was a toughness in her eyes. My heart sank at the brand on her hand. A former slave, Emma had told me about such crimes against humanity in the New World. Poor girl, I'm happy she's free.

"He's an opera singer. We are looking for someone. Do you know anyone by the name of Belmont?"

"That I do." I answered honestly. Angels have a good sense of people, and even if I didn't, a quick blink of their good souls confirmed that they weren't trouble. But you, my young lady, have a touch of the divine in you, like my Bee. Hmm the Belmonts always drew a unique crowd.

"I can take you to him if you'd like." I offered. "He lives not far from here."

"Oh no we wouldn't want to bother you." The man answered politely

"It's no bother to me." I picked up my staff and stepped over the fence. " Down this road, I'll show you."