4.

Oscar told me he preferred the medium tires, so I included that in my strategy.
Lando on the other hand didn't really tell me anything. He just told me to trust my feeling.

How could I trust my feeling? I wasn't sitting in that car, I wasn't driving it.

It was so difficult.

"Good luck baby" I said as I hugged Lando. He immediately pulled me in such a tight hug. "I trust you" he whispered.

I didn't know if it was a compliment or a threat.

He kissed my forehead and grabbed his helmet. It was then when I felt the nerves kicking in.
I never felt this kind of feeling when I was working for Mercedes or Red Bull.

Maybe Georgia was right after all, I could lose my job and boyfriend if I messed this up.

"Good luck River, we all know you'll do fine" Will smiled at me as he sat down next to me at the pitwall.

Fine? I wanted to do excellent. I wanted these boys on the podium.

I just nodded and grabbed my headphones.

Will and Tom both communicated the necessary things to both Lando and Oscar.

Lando was starting on the softs and Oscar on the mediums. We were gonna pit Lando for the hards, but Oscar was still an unanswered question.

No one else was starting on the mediums, so it maybe wasn't the best decision but I knew how fast he was on those mediums.

My heart started beating faster as the five lights went out, but fortunately they both had a great start.

"How are the tires?" Tom asked Oscar. We were already half way through the race and he was managing those tires brilliantly.

"Still pretty good" he responded. We were gonna push this in a one stop strategy, which was amazing because no one else were able to do that, everyone else had to do a two stop.

Surprisingly Oscar had the best strategy, he ended P2 while Lando finished P4.
A great result for us as a team, but I knew Lando wouldn't be too happy about that.

I jumped off the pitwall, I didn't know if I should be happy or nervous, I probably was a little bit of both.

The entire team was happy with the result but as soon as Lando took of his helmet I knew I was in trouble.

———————————

"So Georgia was right? You spend all your time on Oscar's strategy?" Lando said as soon as we returned back to our room.

He was keeping quiet all evening but I knew he would accuse me as soon as we were alone.

"I don't even know why you listen to Georgia at this point" I said as I closed the door behind me. "I spend just as much time on your strategy than on Oscar"

"Interesting" is all he said. He was annoying me so much.

"He told me what he liked, you just told me to do whatever"

He chuckled a little. "Did he tell you what he liked? Really?"

"God, don't be so fucking immature" I rolled my eyes and walked in the bathroom.

I was just doing my job, but if he wanted me to favor him above Oscar then he was dead wrong.

I guess for the first time ever we were gonna go to sleep mad at each other.