65.

We won Singapore, both of our cars ended on the podium, which was a big win for me.

But that also meant that I had to go back to Monaco for my trial, alone.

I was going back to Monaco, Lando gave me the keys of his apartment so I could stay there and Nate would meet me there.

He pushed all his plans away for me, to show our dad that we were stronger together.

I got up from the pitwall and walked back to the hospitality. I walked passed Georgia on my way there, she didn't even look at me.

She didn't dare to, she understood that I was more dangerous than she initially thought.

"River, I heard what happened" Lewis stopped me. "I hope you'll come out stronger"

He always knew the right things to say.

"Thanks Lewis" I smiled politely. "But who told you?"

"Well uh" he was a little hesitant. "The media"

Of course. I should've knew they would write about it.

"Text me or call me when you know more" he said before pulling me in a hug.

I loved this man so much. I kinda knew he liked me in the past and I definitely liked him too.

Just not in the same way he did.

Everyone was being really nice to me, especially Lando. He skipped his interviews just to be with me, just to go with me to the airport.

We were sitting in the car together as he put his hand on my thigh.

"Don't be nervous baby" he probably thought I was nervous about this, but I wasn't.

I wasn't nervous for this trial, I wasn't nervous to see my dad. I couldn't care less.

"You don't be nervous, you'll win the next race without me" I laughed.

"I doubt that" he squeezed my thigh a couple of times. "I don't wanna win without you"

I rolled my eyes at that.

"So when are we gonna get married?" He changed the subject.

"When you win the championship" I grabbed his hand and intertwined our fingers.

I wanted him to concentrate on the drivers championship. He was so close, he has never been closer.

"Oh so you only wanna marry a champion?" He teasingly said.

I chuckled. "I definitely am gonna marry a champion"

——————————

"So we can try to get you out of a few things" Adam, my lawyer, was walking next to me. "But we also have to settle with other things"

He was being so vague but I knew what he was trying to say. He wanted me to beg for forgiveness. He wanted me to admit how wrong I was.

Which I was, I definitely was.

But I wasn't gonna beg in front of my dad. He was the one why I did what I did, to fucking survive.

"No" I said as we reached the court. "I'm not gonna beg"

"Please River don't be stupid" Nate rolled his eyes. He wanted to help me, I knew that but he also knew me well enough to realize I wasn't gonna change my mind.

"I pay you to do your job, so you have two options" I said as I turned to Adam. "You get me out of this or you don't and I'll do my time"

They wanted to lock me up for fraud and obviously pay back everything, together with some extra money for the emotional trauma they experienced.

Bullshit, they wanted to fuck me even when I probably was the same age as their daughter.

I wasn't gonna beg for forgiveness when they were monsters.

"You want them to lock you up? You're pregnant!" Nate said.

I told him a few days ago and he reacted exactly how I expected a big brother to react.

I chuckled and looked at him. "There's one thing you need to know, Nate"

He frowned as he looked at me.

"The devil doesn't bargain"