8.

Jeddah was challenging, I expected it to be and I couldn't have worked harder on the strategy.

We put Oscar and Lando on the same strategy, but it was clear to see that Oscar put a lot more sim hours in.

Oscar qualified on P3 while Lando was on P5. Not too bad, but they definitely could do better.

I was actually scared to see Lando, he hates to be out qualified by his teammate but at least he couldn't blame me for it.

I was sitting in the hospitality, alone. Going over the strategy over and over again but I couldn't figure out where I went wrong.

I don't think I did. It was Lando who wasn't comfortable enough. Maybe he shouldn't have gone with me to Christian.

Lando walked in the hospitality after a while followed by Georgia. They just finished the interviews and the look on his face said it all.

He just walked straight upstairs without even looking at me. He needed some time alone and I was gonna give him that.

"Is he okay?" I asked as I looked at Georgia. She grabbed a chair and sat down with me. "Oh yeah, he's excited to start on P5"

I rolled my eyes. Sarcasm definitely didn't suit her.

I ignored her, I just focused back on the strategy for tomorrow. She was annoying me so much since I returned back to the paddock.

"I am gonna check up on him" she said as she got up. "You do that" I muttered.

"Don't let this job come between you guys" someone said from behind me. I quickly looked around. "You're doing great and trust me, he isn't blaming you" Zak reassured me.

"I know, he's blaming himself, which is just as bad" I sighed.

"Then we have to make sure he end on that podium tomorrow" he smiled, putting his hand on my shoulder. "But he really loves you"

He squeezed my shoulder and walked away.

I really love him too Zak, maybe even a little bit too much.

Lando and I both returned to our hotelroom only a few hours later. He was pretty quiet but I knew he wasn't mad because he kept touching me on our way back.

"Can we just cuddle baby?" Lando looked at me as he took his cap off and put his hand through his hair.

I nodded. "Of course we can"

He smiled as he crawled on the bed and opened his arms. I quickly laid down in his arms and we just enjoyed each other's company in silence.

It wasn't an uncomfortable silence, it was never was with him.

"I am sorry for messing up" he said after a while. I was right, he wasn't blaming me, he was blaming himself.

"You didn't mess up" I said as I looked up at him. "Besides, it will be so much fun to overtake everyone tomorrow"

He chuckled a little and squeezed me tightly against his body.

"Fuck, I love you so damn much" he brushed his fingers against my cheek. Softly, caring.

"I love you too"

It was time to show the world how powerful we could be together.

——————————

The first part of the race went amazing. Lando was flying, he gained so much confidence. He overtook almost everyone, except for Max.

But he was getting closer, he was getting so damn close. He could do it, this could be his first win.

"It's raining" Oscar said through the radio.

He was right, it started drizzling so I quickly looked at the weather radar. There was rain incoming, but there were only 10 laps left.

I didn't have much time to think. I had to make a decision now.

Now.

"Let them box, we have to put on inters" I told both engineers.

Oscar agreed but as expected, Lando didn't. He was driving in P2 with only Max in front of him and Red Bull also didn't seem too eager to box him.

"I can do this, don't box me" Lando replied. Will, his engineer looked at me. Was it Sochi all over again?

I hated this. If I would go against him and he wouldn't end on the podium, it would be my fault.
But if I listened to him, didn't pit him and he would go off, it would also be my fault.

I put my head in my hands. What should I do?

———————————

A.N: what should River do? Listen to Lando and not pit him or pit him and put on some inters?