68.

Flashback to three months ago.

"So.." Lando said as he closed the door behind him. I walked to kitchen, opening the fridge and grabbing a bottle of water.

Normally, I would need alcohol to process this, but I was pregnant, I couldn't drink anymore.

I was fucking pregnant.

We just returned from the doctor, who confirmed what we were already suspecting.

"So" I said as I was staring in front of me, it made Lando chuckle a little. "Are you happy?" He asked as he walked closer to me.

I shrugged my shoulders. I didn't know if I should be happy, it was so unexpected.

"Are you?" I asked but I could already see that he was actually happy about it.

"I am" he confirmed my thoughts. He took the bottle out of my hands and took a sip from it before tilting his head a little. "Cuddles?"

I nodded. It was all I needed right now. It was all I would ever need.

So, we decided to watch a movie in bed, we didn't really watch the movie though, we were too focused on each other.

He was being so nice to me, he was everything I wanted. I was so in love with this man, why was I still doubting this?

And then, without warning, I started crying. I don't know what got over me, but I needed it. I needed to let these tears fall down.

He held me a little closer, he let me cry, he probably also realized I needed it.

"Sorry" I muttered between sniffs.

"You don't need to apologize" he assured me. He brushed his hand against my back in slow motions. "Do you know how good it feels to have you vulnerable in my arms?"

But I wasn't used to be vulnerable, I wasn't used to show my emotions, I always thought it made me weak, but that wasn't true.

It made me strong.

"I always feel like a burden when I get emotional"

He chuckled a little. He let his hand brush up from my back to my cheek. "It's a privilege River, to know you intimately. To know what makes you hurt and what makes you blush"

"I don't blush" I smiled through my tears.

He raised his eyebrow as he looked at me. "Oh but you do, especially when I do this" his thumb brushed against my cheek and he pressed his lips softly and gently against mine.

It was such a sweet kiss, that it actually made me blush.

Fucker.

"Got you" he started laughing and so did I. He made me laugh again, he could always make me happy. He was the sunshine in my life.

"And you can take your time to figure out what you wanna do" he referred to the little one. He made it clear that he was excited for it, that he was happy.

But he also made it clear that he was gonna be there for me whatever I decided.

"Are you sure?" I asked softly.

He nodded. "Yes, we have a lifetime together, we don't have to make rushed decisions"

Well, we kinda had to because I was pregnant already but he was being cute, he was trying to take the pressure away from me.

I looked at him. He was so good for me, he was everything I wanted. "Why are you always so cute? So understandable? You're perfect" I whispered the last sentence.

"There's one thing you need to know" He looked at my lips and back up in my eyes "I would do everything for you baby" his voice sounded softer, more vulnerable.

He looked me straight in the eyes "I would die for you"