28.

One week later

I was feeling nauseous, it felt as if I could throw up any second now, but I had to push that thought away.

It was the most important weekend of the season, at least for Mclaren and Lando.

Silverstone, the home Grand Prix for both of them.

"You look like you're ready to give Mclaren another 1-2" Charles chuckled as he scanned his pass to walk in the paddock.

We didn't talk much, but every time we talked to each other it was pure banter.

"Definitely" I smirked. I know it wasn't meant as a compliment because I knew he was being sarcastic. I didn't sleep very well. "Did Ferrari already hire a strategist or are you still racing without a decent strategy?"

He started laughing. I was glad he could actually handle my sarcasm, even though there was still some kind of truth in there.

"I am still waiting for the best strategist on the grid to realize she wants me" he said but quickly looked at me as if he just said too much. "I mean... work for me, work for Ferrari"

I chuckled as I noticed how he was struggling for his words.

"Well, I'm good at Mclaren for the moment" I tried to decline politely. I wasn't planning on switching teams again and especially not to Ferrari.

"How is it between you and Lando by the way?" He asked as we were walking in the paddock. "There is nothing between us anymore"

"He missed you" he said softly. I didn't care that he missed me. He was being a dick to me, I just couldn't forget that.

"Too bad for him, should've thought about that earlier" I shrugged it off.

"You're right about that" he nodded. "You have plans tonight?"

It was a pretty unexpected question. "Uh, no not really"

"You maybe want to walk around a little bit or something?" He wasn't stuttering but he definitely was nervous.

"Around the streets?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Or we can do something else?"

Wait - was he...?

"We can honestly do whatever you want" he was probably trying to avoid the silent moment because I wasn't answering.

He was asking me on a date.

"I-uh" I was the one who was stuttering and just in that moment Lando walked up to us. It was clear to see that he wasn't happy to see us together.

"Chatting up the competition?" He said with a smile on his face, but it wasn't a joke.

"Yeah he was asking me to work for Ferrari" I rolled my eyes.

Lando raised his eyebrow. "Nah, she's mine mate" he said as he put his hand on my arm. "Are you coming?"

"I will be there in a second" I nodded. He obviously wanted me to come with him immediately. He wanted me to keep me away from Charles.

He didn't say another word and turned around to walk to the hospitality.

"I would love to go with you but we will think about what we are going to do" I laughed. I wasn't gonna walk around these streets.

It wasn't a very romantic scene around here anyways.

"I will figure something out" he smiled happily.

I guess we were both suffering from a heartbreak. I couldn't lie, I was still very attracted to Lando.
It took everything in me not to fall for him again.

He may still love me, he probably does. He probably doesn't know what he wants. But that isn't what matters. What matters is what he's doing about it.

And what he is doing about it, is nothing.

I want someone who goes out of their way to make it obvious that they want me in their life.

And that wasn't Lando at the moment, it probably wasn't gonna be Charles either but it couldn't hurt to annoy Lando a little bit.