52.

Lando's POV

It was Saturday and it was raining so it would be a wet qualifying.
My first qualifying in the Red Bull and it's raining.

Great.

I drove the car for the first time yesterday and it felt so different than the Mclaren.

River spend all evening working on the strategy, I was glad she was their strategist because I knew she would want me to win, not Max.

She was standing with Max in the hospitality. They were laughing together but she turned her attention to Kelly as soon as she walked in.

I was happy they grew closer together, they were actually good friends now.

"How are you mate?" Max asked as I walked up to him. "Good, pretty excited also"

"Yeah? You don't look excited though" he laughed as he patted my back, but my attention went to River.

She was laughing with Kelly, but she was holding a damn can of Red Bull in her hand, not only holding it but also drinking it.

For fuck sake.

"Excuse me mate" I said as I walked to River and put my hand on her back gently.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked and she nodded, following me to my drivers room.

"How are you baby? Not too nerv-" she wanted to ask but I quickly shut the door behind us. "What are you doing?"

"What do you mean?" She titled her head as if she had no idea what I was talking about. I grabbed the Red Bull out of her hand. "You're pregnant"

She chuckled a little and rolled her eyes. "I know but c'mon taste how good it is" she said as pointed at the Red Bull.

"I know how it tastes like, okay?" I said as I wanted to put the can down but she stopped me. "I don't think you do though"

I frowned and took a sip from the can. I put it back down and shook my head. "You're unbelievable and fucking smart"

She put water in the Red Bull can to make it look as if she was drinking it. No one would believe she rejected some free Red Bull.

She chuckled and wrapped her arms around my neck. "I know" she pressed her lips against mine and kissed me. The nerves disappeared from my body.

I only felt love.

"Now get in that car and don't be nervous, you can do it."

I nodded. I could do this.

—————————

And I did it. I put the car on pole which didn't make me very popular around here but I honestly didn't care.

Max qualified on P2, which was he very happy about it because he didn't qualify this high for ages.

I walked in the media pen with my new PR manager, Nikki. She was pretty cool and didn't have a thing for me like Georgia did.

Mclaren replaced me with Mick, so she was his PR manager now.

Poor guy.

"Congratulations" Athena nudged me as she was standing next to Lewis. "Thanks" I smiled.

"So I guess River will be moving out now she's pregnant?"

Okay, so she told Athena, I wasn't surprised by that. They were best friends so it was kinda normal she told her.

But I wish she didn't ask this in a full media pen.

"River is pregnant?" Georgia asked as she grabbed my arm. "Is that the reason why she dragged you to Red Bull? Because she was afraid you would fall in love with me?

God this girl was insane.

"Georgia, I will never fall for you" I said which I soon realized was maybe a little too harsh. "You're a sweet girl but I am in love with River, I'm gonna spend my life with her"

She chuckled. "No you won't" she mumbled before walking off.

I looked at Athena, who mouthed 'I am sorry'. I shrugged it off. She was about to know it sooner or later.

But for some reason, I had the feeling as if I should protect River and our little one.