END.

I rushed to the hospital. I never drove faster than I did now.

Why didn't they tell me? I didn't care about the stupid championship, not when River and our baby were in danger.

That was what was important. It was the only thing that mattered. For me at least, the others could party all they wanted.

I walked as fast as I could through the hospital. I actually had no idea where to go but as soon as some nurses or doctors saw me, they told me where River was.

As if they were expecting me and to be honest, they probably were.

My heart started beating faster as I opened the door.

River was laying in bed, with her hands on her belly. Not a very good sign if you ask me.

She turned her head to me, her lips curled up a little.
"Please tell me you won" she forced a smile on her face as she held her hand out for me.

I walked up to her and nodded. "I did, we did" I put my hand in hers and intertwined our fingers as I sat down on the chair next to her bed.

"But did we win every fight?" I almost whispered, but she knew exactly what I was asking.

She bit her lower lip and rubbed her thumb against the palm of my hand.

"We did" she nodded. "Our little boy is a real fighter"

Our little boy?

"Is it.." I stuttered. River nodded, again understanding what I was trying to ask. "It's a boy"

I was secretly hoping for a little boy, but I still would be happy if it was a girl.

"I can't wait to meet him" I smiled and played with her fingers. She was only six months pregnant, or something like that, I wasn't really counting.

"Me neither"

We both were quiet for a moment, just enjoying the silence after everything that happened today. After all the pressure, the expectations.

It was just... us.

"You need to go party though" River broke the silence. "No" I shook my head.

"I won't party without you, we will party when you feel better because River.." I held her hand even tighter.

"You're the reason why I won this championship, you were my voice of reason, you are the power in our couple. Even if people are celebrating me, we both know I couldn't have done it without you"

She bit her lip, trying to hold back her tears.

I put my hands on her cheeks and pressed my lips against hers. I pecked her lips a couple of times.

"Duck, I love you" she mumbled on my lips and I could feel that she was smiling. "Quack quack" I laughed before kissing her even more deeply.

She was the love of my life and I needed her with me. Every step of the way.

We've been through so much, she's been through so much but I was gonna make sure that her life would be perfect from now on.

Because she definitely made my life perfect.