40.

"Can we please talk River?" Charles asked. He looked guilty and he definitely didn't look good at all.

I mean he still looked pretty handsome, but the regret was visible on his face.

"Fine" I said as I opened the door for him and let him walk in. I was too tired to fight this, so I would just pretend to listen.

"I am so sorry River, I didn't want to steal and I definitely don't want you to think that I used you"

"But you did exactly that" I pointed out.

"No, I definitely liked you, I still like you"

Was Georgia talking about him? I thought she was just talking about no one, I thought she was just blabbering like she always did.

"You've a weird way of showing that. If I can give you some advice, if you like someone, don't use them and mess with them"

I sat down on the edge of the bed, I was so tired and I was feeling kinda sick as well.

"So I can see that you're dating Lando again?" He pointed at my hoodie. Fair enough, it was Lando's hoodie, but it was just a Mclaren hoodie, it could be mine too.

"I work for Mclaren you know" I shrugged. It was none of his business anyways.

I got up again and walked to the door. "But I'm so tired, we will talk later but I need some rest"

A obvious hint for him to go and leave me alone and he did exactly that.

"Good night River" he said as he was standing in the hallway and all of a sudden, he wrapped his arms around me, hugged me and kissed me, right next to my lips.

I couldn't even react because he immediately walked away after that.

What just happened?

——————————

I fell asleep pretty soon after the weird encounter with Charles.

I still don't completely understood what happened but I had other things to worry about. Like the qualifying.

I had to prove that I wasn't biased, both Lando and Oscar would get similar strategies.

Lando qualified before Oscar, but I had nothing to do with that, he was just faster. Why did I feel as if I needed to give an explanation for that though.

"Great job" I said as I walked to Lando, he was on P2, so I figured he must be happy.

But his face revealed that he wasn't as happy as I suspected. "What's wrong?" I asked.

He chuckled. "What did you do last night?"

"I went to my room" I shrugged my shoulders. I could see he knew more, he knew Charles stopped by.

"So, someone send me this picture" he grabbed his phone out of his pocket and showed me a picture. It was Charles and I, last night, in front of my door.

It looked as if we were kissing, if I didn't know better, I would definitely think that too.

He once again set me up.

"Lando, let me explain"

But I didn't have time to explain because Georgia interrupted us. She put her hand on his arm and pulled him with her. "We have to go to the media pen"

She smirked a little as he walked away and she walked away after him.

This little bitch set this up. I should've known she was behind it all.

I don't think she did this because she still wanted Lando, she did this because she hated me.

I was being quiet for too long, I tried to be professional but she crossed my line.

She had to go.