54.

Kelly drove us to where Max and Lando were supposed to be.

What if something happened with Lando? I couldn't do this without him, I couldn't live without him.

I ran out of the car and Kelly followed me. "Max is there" she said as she pointed at Max, who was casually talking to Carlos, as if nothing happened.

"Hi baby" he said and wrapped his arms around Kelly, kissing the top of her head.

Okay? Something happened to Lando and he was just casually talking to Carlos and kissing Kelly?

"Where is Lando?" I said as I looked at him. He smiled as he pointed to somewhere in the distance.

"What happened?" I asked as I looked in the direction Max pointed at.  It was dark, but it was only then I realized we were standing on the beach, a beach filled with candles.

Is this where they played padel?

"Wait, what's hap-" I mumbled. "Just follow the candles" Max said.

I looked at them. Kelly was smiling at me as she put her head against Max's chest. Carlos looked nervous and Max, he was looking at me with a smirk.

"Okay" I said as I started walking between the candles.

It lead to a notebook, an exact copy of my notebook. I picked it up and looked through it.

Hi baby,

It seems only right to do this through a notebook because that's the moment I fell in love with your personality.

I was always looking forward to reading what you wrote to me. It was the highlight of my day.

I remember it was raining when we met at the harbor and it was in that moment I realized you would be the sunshine I wanted in my life.

I looked back at Kelly, Max and Carlos. They were still looking at me. Max nodded and gestured to keep going.

I kept following the candles and this time it lead to a table with a pizzabox.
I opened it, it was filled with a pizza Margherita and another notebook.

And we ate pizza on our first date. You didn't realize it was a date back then, but I did.

Because there was nothing more I wanted than to kiss you, hold you and take care of you.

I chuckled as I took a piece and put it in my mouth. I wasn't gonna let this go to waste.

Another few steps and I was looking at my Mclaren headphones. Did he really steal it from them?

'Then I'll have to find a strategy to your heart'
'That's not necessary because you're already on pole position'

"That's when you fell in love with me, right?" Lando said from behind me. I quickly turned around and walked up to him, my arms wrapped around his neck.

"I was so worried" I mumbled. But how could I be mad at him when he did all this, for me?

"I am sorry, but I obviously needed you here because I have something important to ask" he pecked my lips and took a step back before going down on one knee.

"River, you made my life so much better, much more interesting too but I can't think of a world without you" he grabbed a little box out of his pants and opened it.

"I love you so much, I am so in love with you. Do you wanna marry me?"

I didn't expect this when I got the phone call from Max. I made up a lot of scenarios in my head but this definitely wasn't one of them.

"Yes, of course I do" I smiled. He got up, grabbed the ring out of the box and put it around my finger.
It was a beautiful ring, exactly how I imagined my ring to be.

He pulled me closer and kissed me, he kissed me like he never did before.

"And I love you too" I mumbled on his lips.

"Did you eat the pizza?" He said as he licked his lips. "Well, how could you expect me not to?" I laughed a little.

"That's my girl" he said as he kissed me again.

It was such a beautiful moment and we were soon joined by our closest friends.
He obviously wanted Max and Carlos to be there and they probably helped him to set the whole thing up.

I looked up to the stars in the sky as I put my head against his chest.

Mom and dad would definitely love him.