63.

I was so ready to go back to the hotel room and cuddle with Lando.

It was such a perfect evening, it made me forget all about what happened. It didn't matter anyways, my dad was dead for me.

I opened the door of our hotel room and the room was filled with rose petals, cake a little gifts spread here and there.

I turned to Lando with a smile. "I guess you have nothing to do with this?"

"I don't know anything about it" he smiled.

He made all of this happen in only a couple of hours. I couldn't even imagine what he would've done if he had more time.

"So I thought we could have a hoodie date, you can pick your favorite hoodie and we can just chill together?"

I wrapped my arms around him and pecked his lips a couple of times. "This is absolutely perfect. I love it, I love you"

It was nothing big, nothing expensive but he did it because he knew I loved it.

He bought me a new notebook, a couple of books and some fingerless gloves with his initials in it.

All gifts that meant something for me.

I love him so fucking much.

I picked my favorite hoodie that he owned and cuddled up next to him in bed.
We put on a cheesy movie and kissed through all of it.

I think I told him I loved him a million times tonight but I meant it every time.

He made my birthday unforgettable but unfortunately I had to go back to the real world tomorrow.

——————————

I scanned my pass when I walked in the paddock, Lando was already here because he had media duties before the race, so I decided to stay in bed a little longer.

"New gloves?" Max said as he pointed at my fingerless gloves. "Oh you know.. just a birthday gift" I laughed.

He probably noticed the LN initials on it too.

"As long as you make a good strategy for me too" he nudged me a little but he knew I was professional. I would always do the best for them.

I walked with him through the paddock before Nate stopped me in front of the Mercedes hospitality.

"One minute please?" He asked softly. I nodded and followed him to somewhere quiet.

"Before you ask, I didn't know you were my sister when I tried to date you, I only just know now"

When he tried to fuck me, but I wasn't gonna start shit now.

"How did you find out?" I asked.

"I don't have a good relationship with him either so I don't spend much time with him. I hate him so most of the time, I just steal money from him"

He's definitely my brother.

"I was going through his desk when I saw folders with your name on. That's how I figured it out"

I nodded, taking it all in.

"So.. when you said you investigated my family, you didn't figure it out?" I chuckled a little.

He shrugged his shoulders. "No, I didn't know who your parents were and you're using a different last name" he pointed out. I changed my name to my favorite foster family when I could.

Guess he wasn't a good investigator after all.

"Anyways, it wasn't as if I spend a lot of time digging in your past" he defended himself like he heard my thoughts.

"So he's rich?" I changed the subject.

"He's a lawyer, a good one unfortunately" he said.

"Why unfortunately?" I titled my head. It was a good thing for him right? He probably made a lot of money and he could use all of it.

I didn't need that anymore, I made my own money by being successful myself.

"Because he's taking you to court"

I frowned. "He's what?"

"He's been stalking you for years, he probably loved to see you struggle, but you're not struggling anymore, you're more successful, more loved than he will ever be"

But you can't take someone to court for that, right?

"He met up with all your victims when you were the black cat. He convinced them all to file a complaint, they're building a case against you"

I chuckled as I shook my head. What did I ever do to him? I was a child when he abandoned me.

"I paid them all back" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Not all of them, not the big guys" Nate said softly.

Because I didn't have the money yet to pay them back, they wouldn't miss the money I stole from them anyways.

"Why is he doing this?"

Nate sighed. "It's like I said, he's an asshole River"

I sighed, every time I thought my life was going well, something messed it up again.

"So he wants me to pay them all back or what is he trying to do?" That wouldn't be a problem, Christian would help me until I had the money.

"I think he wants to see you crash and burn. Did you sleep with those men?" Nate asked the last sentence a little more soft.

"Only the hot ones" I chuckled. Meaning: only Lando.

I flirted with them, let them pay drinks for me all night and made them think they had a chance with me.

"He's probably gonna tell them that you slept with them and stole their money after"

Well, I didn't. I drugged them and stole their money but I don't know what was better.

"Thanks for telling me Nate, but I have to make Lando champion" I brushed it off. Honestly I couldn't care less about this.

I had enough stress lately and it definitely wasn't good for my baby. I needed to calm down, I needed happy thoughts.

So, I went to see Lando. My happy place.