27.

"Tires are gone" Oscar said through the radio. He wasn't lying, his laptimes were going up drastically.

I had to box him, I had no choice but it definitely messed with our strategy.

"Oscar pitlane" he announced through the radio. We put him on hards, hoping he could finish the race on them but it seemed like everyone had tire issues.

I wish I could think straight now, but I couldn't. I was thinking about Lando, about our evening.

He asked me to give him another chance but I couldn't. I just couldn't.

Maybe one day I could, but that day wasn't yesterday. I couldn't believe he lied to me. What's worse? Being cheated on or being lied to?

I couldn't explain but 'being powerful together' wasn't really the motivation I wanted to hear.
I didn't give a shit about being powerful together, that's not the reason why I wanted to be with someone.

I wanted to be loved, I wanted love to be the reason he wanted to be with me.

Not being powerful. I could be powerful by myself.

I am powerful by myself.

"Let them take care of the tires, it's important now" I told both engineers, but they obviously already knew it was important.

Oscar was good at that, Mick maybe a little less which was quite normal because he didn't know the car very well.

"Oscar is getting way too much curb in turn 3" Lando said from behind me. I didn't even realize he was standing behind me.

I turned my head to him and tilted my head a little. "He's damaging his tires on the curb there" he pointed at the screen.

He was right, he was so right. Why didn't I notice that?

"Tell Oscar to avoid the curbs on turn 3" I told his engineer, who immediately transferred the message.

Oscar listened and avoided the curbs, which caused him to finish the race on these tires and eventually win.

He won because of Lando and I didn't know why Lando did that. He was his biggest competitor, why would he want him to win?

He didn't say anything else, he just let his fingers brush against my back and smiled.

I narrowed my eyes as I looked at him. He was walking back to the garage without crutches. He didn't need them anymore, he would be back next race and I had to admit that I was quite nervous about that.

—————————

"How was your talk with Lando?" Lewis asked as I walked outside the hospitality after the debriefing meeting.

"It was... interesting" I said, I didn't have another word for it.

He didn't push me to explain more and I was happy about that because I actually didn't want to talk about it.

It was a mess and it was even a bigger mess in my head.

"So you still wanna go to dinner with me?" He asked and I immediately nodded. "Sure"

Christian walked out of the hospitality and waved at me. He was finally alone. "I'll text or call you to discuss things" I said as I smiled and put my hand on his arm.

I had to ask Christian a question that's been on my mind for a while now.

"Christian, do you have a minute?" I asked. He nodded as if he already knew what I was about to ask.

"Do I have a brother?" The look on his face changed. Oh yes he was definitely expecting this question but why did he never mention it to me?

"You do, you got put in different foster homes but I don't know where he is"

And I was expecting this answer. I had to figure out where he was. He was the only family I had.