41.

I had a meeting to attend and when the meeting finally ended, Lando was already no where to be seen.

He already left, he didn't even wait for me, he didn't even let me explain.

I really thought we were passed this, I thought we had good communication, but I guess I was wrong.

I grabbed my stuff as fast as I could and walked out of the hospitality. I felt so tired lately, maybe the pressure and traveling was really getting to me.

Half an hour later, I arrived back at the hotel and was greeted by a sight I didn't expect.

Lando was sitting down against my door. He was scrolling through his phone but quickly got up when he saw me.

"River I-" he started but I didn't want to hear, not for now at least. I just... wanted to hug him.
I ran up to him and wrapped my arms around him.

"I promise I didn't kiss him, nothing happened" I mumbled. His body was pressed against mine, his arms wrapped around my body. "I promise"

"I know" he said as he took a step back. "I am sorry for reacting the way I did"

But to be fair, he reacted pretty okay.

"I wanna be everything" he said. He looked me in the eyes and his eyes revealed how tired he was, probably just as tired as I was.

"What do you mean?"

"I wanna be the reason you smile, I wanna make you laugh, I want to make you feel safe, I want to make you moan" his hand brushed against my arm up to my cheek.

He gave me goosebumps.

"I want to be the father of your children, I want to be there to celebrate your accomplishments, I want to be the chest that you fall asleep on every single night"

His hand was on my cheek and my heart was beating extremely fast. The butterflies multiplied.

"I love you, River. I love you so much"

I wanted to make him work for me, I wanted to wait until I was sure he truly loves me, but there was no bigger proof than this.

I saw it in his eyes, in the way he looked at me. I recognized it because I looked at him that way too.

"Kiss me" I whispered.

"Are you sure?" He mumbled. "Because once I do, I might not be able to -"

I didn't let him finish, I pulled him against my body and pressed my lips against his.

My arms were wrapped around his neck, my hand brushed through his hair as we deepened the kiss.

His tongue, his taste, I missed everything.

This was the kiss. It wasn't just a normal kiss, it was a kiss that made you realize you found the one.
The one who could handle me, my banter, my messed up past.

He could handle it all.

He let out a little groan as I backed away. "I think I need more" he tried to pull me back in his arms but I pushed him softly.

"We can continue this in my room?" I smirked.

His eyes narrowed a little, as he was thinking about it. "Is that smart though?"

I knew what he was trying to say, if we continued this inside, we would have sex. Insanely good sex.

But he wanted to take things slow, not for him, but for me. He wanted to prove how much he loves me, not my body.

Even though I really wanted to feel his naked body against mine, I really wanted him on top of me, inside of me.

He was right. We had to wait, build up the tension.

"You're right" I said, trying not to sound too disappointed.

"Go to sleep early tonight, okay?" He put his fingers under my chin and pulled my face closer against his. "I'll see you tomorrow princess"

"Good night Romeo" I mumbled as our lips brushed against each other. "Good night Juliet"