9.

This could turn out so wrong, but I had to trust myself. Lando didn't know what was coming. I had to pit him.

"Tell him to pit. We have no choice" I looked at Will. "We think pitting is the best decision right now Lando" he transferred the message to Lando.

"Is she sure?" Lando asked, clearly referring to me. "I am very sure" I pressed his button so he could hear me.

I wasn't very sure, but if he could hear one little doubt in my voice, he wasn't gonna pit.

He didn't respond after that, but he did pit a lap later and just went he exited the pit, it started to rain harder.

"Go and get him Lando" Will motivated him.

Max didn't pit, a huge mistake by Red Bull, a mistake they normally wouldn't make so we definitely had to take advantage of that.

Max started slipping on his tires and it was a pretty easy pass for Lando. He was on P1 right now and could completely push without thinking about his tires.

"C'mon baby" I mumbled, there was nothing I could do anymore, it was all up to him and he could do this.

Only a few laps later, he crossed the finish line in first position. He just won his first race.
He fucking did it.

I hugged everyone I could but I tried to avoid Zak, his hugs would kill me. I ran to where Lando would park his car.

Once he got out his car, he ran up to us and hugged everyone. He stopped in front of me and put his visor up so I could see his eyes.

His eyes showed how big his smile probably was. He pulled me in his arms and hugged me, so tight.

A couple of minutes later, he was standing on the podium, smiling, almost crying.

That was my man.

"Good strategy" Christian said, he was standing next to me, looking up at his driver. "Thanks, wish I could say the same" I teased.

He chuckled a little. "Enjoy it while you can"

Oh Christian we will definitely enjoy it, but this wasn't gonna be the only time Lando was standing on the top step.

—————————-

"So I heard there's a little party going on here" Athena smiled as she walked in our hospitality.

She always supported Lando, even though she was working for a different team. She was Lewis' PR manager but it was clear who she really wanted to win.

"Oh well, we did a thing you know" I jokingly said. "A thing? You did amazing and so did Lando!" She said as she pulled me in her arms and hugged me.

"Where's the race winner though?" She asked. I pointed at Lando, who was laughing with Georgia.

Athena turned her face to me, one eyebrow raised. I knew what she was thinking. I just shrugged my shoulders.

At the end of the day, he would come home with me and I never was the jealous type anyway.

After the little get together with the team, Lando and I returned to our hotel room.

He pulled me against his body almost immediately when we entered the room. "You're the best strategist in the world" he mumbled before pressing his lips against mine.

"You better remember that" I wrapped my arms around his neck. Our bodies were pressed against each other.

"I am gonna show you how much you mean to me" his lips brushed against my neck, his hands down to my ass.

I moaned a little, I didn't even care that he smelled like sweat and champagne. He could always make me horny.

But just as he wanted to unbutton my pants, there was a knock on our door.

"Ignore it" he mumbled and just as I was about to ignore it, there was another knock.

Lando sighed as he walked to the door and opened it. "What do you want?"

"I need to talk to River"

@RiverNyx: He did THAT 🏆

Liked by @ItsGeorgia, @LandoNorris, @Mclaren and 102.839 others.

@LandoNorris: WE did that! ❤️
@ItsGeorgia: Congratulations!
@Mclaren: Power couple 💪🏻
@user1: he coooooked
@user2: crying, i am so happy!!
@user3: LFG! Such a good strategy too!