14.

"You wanna go to dinner together?" I asked as I walked in the living room. Lando was laying down on the couch, his crutches were laying next to him on the floor. "No"

I sat down next to him. "You wanna do something else maybe?"

"I can't do shit River, my leg is broken, why can't you fucking understand that?"

I sighed, trying to ignore his comments but it was getting too much lately. After he crashed, I focused on Oscar's race and he actually finished P2.

Unfortunately for him, our team wasn't in a party mood after what happened with Lando. He broke his leg and was bound to miss a couple of races.
He really wanted to be back for Silverstone, he wanted to win his home race but his mood got even worse when the doctor told him his leg wouldn't be healed in time.

He just couldn't accept it.

"Okay, did you already pack for Spain?" I tried to change the subject. "I'm not going"

I expected that to be honest and maybe I was also hoping he wouldn't go. I was actually relieved he would stay home.

"Okay" I said which made him turn his head to me immediately. "Yeah I guess you want that anyways"

"I want what?" I grabbed the remote control and switched channels. He wasn't watching anything anyway.

"That I stay here, so you can focus all your energy on Oscar"

Honestly what did he expect me to do? Stay home and take care of his grumpy ass? This was my job, obviously I was gonna make sure Oscar would get the best result.

I was tired, so tired of explaining myself. Trying to get him in a good mood.

"Maybe you can fuck him too, so you can cross him off the paddock bingo you're playing"

Did he really just say that? Did he just call me the paddock whore? I was putting up with so much lately. I let him be mad, be sad, be grumpy. I let him take it all out on me.

I wanted to tell him to shut up, to be a man, to support his team.

To be the man I fell in love with. Sarcastic, sweet and soft.

He was none of that anymore.

But I said nothing. I just got up and shook my head before walking to the bedroom. I didn't want to run away from my problems, I wasn't like that anymore but he was unbearable to be around lately.

Going a day early to Spain maybe wasn't such a bad idea now.

———————

"Hi River, did Lando come with you?" Zak asked as I walked in the hospitality. I shook my head. "No he stayed home"

He took a sigh of relief. I never expected Zak to be glad that Lando didn't come with me. He was like a son for him.

But everyone was kinda relieved he stayed home. The team felt like home again, everyone was laughing and joking around with each other.
No one had to bite their tongue because Lando walked in the room.

Mclaren picked Mick Schumacher to replace Lando for a couple of races and I was happy with their choice.
He was cute, respectful and funny. He was a breath of fresh air.

"How's Lando doing?" Oscar asked as he took a seat next to me. I shrugged my shoulders. "He's very frustrated"

And I totally understood that. He was finally fighting for the championship, he was in the lead by a mile. The only ones who were really challenging him were Oscar and maybe Max.

He would've maybe won this championship if the crash didn't happen.

But it did happen, those are the risks of this sport.

"Is he nice to you at least?" Oscar titled his head a little. He probably noticed the snarky remarks, nasty comments and sarcastic jokes as well.

I could lie and nod. I could tell him he treated me like a princess.

But I couldn't. My mouth was faster than my brain.

"No"