A million memories of us: Emergency contact

A\N: Oneshot 7 of A million memories of us will be a short one but it has all the JIBBS fluffiness as the rest of them, enjoy, Angels.

Oneshot 7 title: Emergency contact

Oneshot 7 summary: Although Gibbs is all his agents emergency contact he doesn't expect to be called, especially not when he gets a call about his youngest agent

POV: Third person.

Chapter count: 1.

Leroy Jethro Gibbs sighs as he's hit with another memory of him and a pretty redhead. This memory he remembers quite clearly, like it happened yesterday, not years ago and it's largely because of the fear he felt when he got the call, he now has some idea about what Jen was feeling when she got the call about him being in an explosion.

He made all his agents put him down as emergency contacts in case they ever needed him for any reason, he didn't imagine that they would call him at 2 in the morning, shattering the silence he's in.

Phone call

Gibbs: Gibbs.

Unknown: Hi, Agent Gibbs, this is Holly calling from Washington General Hospital, you're Agent Jennifer Shepard's emergency contact, yes?

Gibbs: Yeah, that's right. Is she okay?

Nurse Holly: I'm afraid not, Agent Shepard was just brought in after being in a car accident.

Gibbs: What happened?

Nurse Holly: I'm afraid I can't disclose that information over the phone, are you able to come here?

Gibbs: I'm on my way.

Phone call

Gibbs hangs up and is running up the stairs and to the car, throwing himself into the drivers side and peeling out of the driveway and towards the hospital where his agent is. He doesn't care if he's breaking the law, he has an agent to see. 

Gibbs quickly parks the car and jogs into the hospital. He stops at a reception desk, wanting some answers on the condition of his agent. "Can I help you?" A brunette nurse in scrubs asks. The team leader looks at the nurse. "I need the status of Agent Jennifer Shepard." He tells the nurse who starts typing into the computer. "Agent Shepard was brought in half an hour ago after a car accident. She's sustained a mild concussion, broken collarbone, a fractured wrist, bruised ribs and numerous cuts, bruises and scrapes." The nurse says. Gibbs closes his eyes. When I get my hands on whoever did this to her, they'll wish they never learned to drive. Gibbs thinks to himself. "She's conscious and demanding to be released." The nurse says, Gibbs smirks. That's his agent. "Can I see her?" He asks the brunette nurse who nods and leads him down a series of hallways.

The nurse stops outside a room, 508, and looks at him with a serious expression on her face. "Your agent is in there, on some heavy painkillers that will make her sleepy. She can be released tomorrow if she stays with someone until she's healed. I will be recommending that your agent take time until her collarbone and ankle are healed off then desk duty until a doctor signs her off for field work." Giving a slight nod towards the nurse, before he enters the hospital room where his agent is residing. 

Once he enters his agents room, Shepard looks over at him as he walks towards her, a drugged up smile spreading across her face. "Hey boss." She says. He sits down in the chair beside her bed and takes her free hand and can't help but look at his agent: her face is covered in cuts, scratches and bruises from where the glass from the window was embedded in her face, her ankle is wrapped, her collarbone and her arm is in a sling and he presumes her ribs are wrapped up too.

"Hey, Shepard, how you feeling'?" He asks his young agent who lets out a high pitched giggle. "Floaty. Is that a word?" Gibbs can't help the small smirk that comes across his face. "I don't know, Shepard." He answers. Shepard looks at him with her green eyes. "Can I go home yet?" she asks, Gibbs shakes his head. "Not tonight, Shepard, but when you are released, you'll be staying with me until you're healed, then it's desk duty until you're cleared for the field." Shepard groans in annoyance before yawning. "I'm tired, boss." His agent says as her eyes start to droop thanks to the painkillers in her system. He squeezes her hand. "Go to, sleep, Shepard, I'll be here when you wake up." The Team Leader says as he watches his agent succumb to the sleep her body is desperately needing. "Thanks for coming, boss." His redheaded agent murmurs in her sleep. "You're welcome, Shepard." He whispers, taking his other hand and runs his fingers through her red hair.

Gibbs comes out of the memory with a shiver even though it's boiling in Mexico. He misses the time that Jen was his partner, even if he doesn't remember what happened to them. Yet.

A\N: I'm sorry I've been silent for a few days, I've had meetings about a job, brace appointments and incredible jaw pain as a result of brace appointments but I'm back now with more handwritten oneshots in this series, enjoy, Angels.