A million memories of us: Late Friday night dinners

A\N: I'm sorry I've been silent on this series, but I'm handwriting these then typing them up while working on other JIBBS stories.

Oneshot 18 title: Late Friday night dinners

Oneshot 18 summary: Gibbs takes a late night dinner up to Jen in her office on a Friday night

POV: Third person

Chapter count: 1

Gibbs has always enjoyed Mexican food, but never alone, he'd always eaten Mexican with a feisty redheaded young agent turned Director.

He sits at a local cafe, eating an Enchilada when he gets flashes of him with Jen eating in her office. He groans silently, even 3,000 miles away, he can't escape the redheaded woman.

He knows she's still here, most likely doing paperwork, and missing meals, like she's been doing since she was his probie. He knows that she hasn't eaten anything all day, surviving only on coffee and adrenaline. He picks up his desk phone and orders a late night dinner for the two of them. He decides on cheese Enchiladas with rice and a Chardonnay. 

The food arrives 35 minutes later and he makes his way up to her office, bags of food, plates and silverware in hand.

Cynthia's desk is empty which isn't surprising, seeing as it's almost 2230 on a Friday night. He enters her dimly lit office. He's not surprised to see Jen still at her desk working. He smirks as he closes her door and makes his way to her couch. "It's 2230 on a Friday night. Why am I not surprised to see you still working?" He hears her laugh as she looks up from a file she's reading and stares at him, taking off her glasses. "Why are you still here when your team went home hours ago?" She asks him. He places the bags on the coffee table and starts sorting out their dinner. "You've not eaten all day and I know that if I wasn't here, you wouldn't eat until tomorrow, so I ordered us a late night dinner." He says as he watches Jen walk over to her settee and sits down, kicking off her heels and throwing them across the office, chuckling when they hit her door with a thump. 

Gibbs hands her a plate full of a cheese Enchilada with rice and a glass of Chardonnay. "Mexican food right?" She asks before taking a forkful of rice. Gibbs nods his head as he stares at her. "So, why are you still working at 2235 on a Friday night, Jen?" He asks her, swallowing a bite of his cheese Enchilada. Jen looks at him and rolls her eyes.

"Jethro, I hardly have time for a coffee break, let alone date someone." She says coldly before quickly finishing her food. "You work too hard, Jen." Gibbs tells her as he cleans up their dinner mess. "So do you, Jethro." Jen replies as she stands up and walks to where her liquor is stored. He's handed a tumbler of Bourbon and he raises it to her in thanks before taking a sip of the amber coloured liquid.

"Thanks for bringing me dinner, Jethro." Jen says, breaking the since that surrounds her office. He gives her a smile and sips the Bourbon. "Anytime, Jen, you know that." He puts his empty tumbler on the coffee table, kisses her cheek and walks to the door, the empty takeout bags in his hands.

"Goodnight, Jen." He says to her before leaving her alone in her office. 

Gibbs pushes away his cheese Enchilada as he comes out of his memory. That was the last dinner they had before he was in that explosion and had lost all his memories of her, of their time together. He doesn't remember everything that happened between them, good or bad, but what he does remember is that she loved him, and he must have loved her in some way, and that is all he needs to remember right now.

A\N: This is the 18th memory of A million memories of us. I'm hoping to have this series finished before Christmas, or at least by the New Year.

I have a few more memories to write and edit, but against the clock so I apologize if there are any mistakes, I will go through all of them after the New Year and double check for any errors I have missed.

Hope you are having a good holiday, Angels.