𝟎𝟎𝟒.

-chapter four

-chapter four

"MIKE?" MAEVE SPOKE, looking at the man sitting in the armchair in front of her, half asleep.

"Hmm," Mike hummed, opening his eyes slowly, his jacket placed on the floor while his head rested back.

Maeve moved to sit on the edge of the sofa, getting close to him. "You need to get some sleep, Mike. You can't stay awake."

He groaned, rubbing his eyes. "Don't worry about me, I don't want to sleep. You sleep," he said, adjusting his eyes on Maeve.

"No, I won't sleep until you do. Come on, let's get you to bed," she insisted, standing up and pulling on Mike's arm.

Confused, he let out a sigh before standing up. "I'll just sleep on the sofa, Maeve. You sleep in my room."

Maeve shook her head. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just come along with me."

Maeve led him towards his room, opening the door slowly before entering inside, Mike's arm still in her grasp, allowing him to enter too.

She walked towards the bed, letting go of Mike's arm and fixed the pillow's position before signaling for Mike to lay down.

"Maeve, seriously, I can just sleep on the couch. You deserve to rest," he said.

"Last time I checked, it was you who needed to sleep."

Maeve walked and stood behind him, pushing him slightly so he could sit on the bed. When he sat down, the bed let out a small creaking sound.

Mike sighed, placing his hands on the bed, as Maeve stared at him with a small smile across her face. "What, you want me to tuck you into bed and give you a kiss too?" she teased, raising an eyebrow.

"I can consider that." Mike jokingly played along

Maeve chuckled, taking a seat beside him on the bed as he looked at her. "I can't sleep, Maeve. I can't stop thinking about what we found out. I've no idea how she knows all of that."

A frown played across Maeve's face as she looked back at Mike. His expression held exhaustion, with eye bags forming and a drained look.

She couldn't help but place her hand on his cheek before smiling sadly. "Don't worry about it now. we will find out in the morning. Now you need to rest."

Maeve attempted to stand up, but Mike pulled her back by placing his hand on hers, which was on his cheek. "Why do you always do this?" he whispered. "Do what?" Maeve breathed as he closed his eyes.