𝟎𝟎𝟖.

-chapter eight

-chapter eight

A YAWN ESCAPED MAEVE'S LIPS as she strolled towards the kitchen. having just woken up and washed her face, she headed for a cup of water.

in the kitchen, Mike stood there, flipping bacon in a frying pan. As soon as he spotted Maeve, a frown decorated his face.

Ignoring Mike's presence, she grabbed a cup and filled it with water. Upon leaving the kitchen and taking a sip, she choked.

Aunt Jan was seated at the table, an impatient look on her face as she gazed out the window.

Maeve took a few steps back, recoiling back to the kitchen. "What the hell, Mike? Warn me or something," she whispered yelled, eyebrows raised.

"I thought we weren't on talking terms," Mike said, transferring the bacons to a plate as Maeve rolled her eyes. "Whatever."

Mike hesitated, before nodding towards a cup beside him. "That's for you," he said, as Maeve stared at him.

Examining the cup, she found coffee inside. "Thanks," she said flatly, taking the cup as she left the kitchen, But this time, Jan stopped her.

"Oh, that babysitter. It's been a while. How've you been?" Jan inquired, faking a smile as Maeve snorted slightly. "Well, last time I checked, it wasn't any of your business."

The lady seemed offended, so she scoffed, lifting her head. "I'm sure people say good morning first out of manners." Without further talk, Jan was met with Maeve's middle finger as she flipped her off, walking away.

She left the lady gasping, irritation etched across her face, as Mike shook his head in disappointment.

"I'll go wake up Abby," Maeve said before Mike could intervene.

"No, I'll go wake her. You wait here," he said before leaving the kitchen and disappearing down the hallway.

Maeve stood in her tracks, debating whether to stay in the room with Jan or go somewhere else.

Eventually, she took a seat at the table, ignoring Jan's presence as she sipped on her coffee.

"When I first saw how Abby liked you, I thought you would be special for a pathetic girl to like you, but perhaps I was wrong," Jan remarked, raising her eyebrows.

Maeve tilted her head, unfazed, "When I first saw how Abby disliked you, I thought you were such a bitch. But now I realize how much that's true. I guess we are both disappointed then," Maeve said, unbothered, smiling at the lady in front of her.