𝟎𝟏𝟒.

-chapter fourteen

-chapter fourteen

MIKE LEANED AGAINST THE DOOR FRAME, his arms crossed, as he watched Maeve tuck Abby into bed. The girl had fallen asleep on the couch while watching her favorite cartoon.

A smile lingered on his face, the scene was too sentimental for him to watch. Maeve gave Abby a kiss on the forehead, as she always did, before signaling for Mike to move away.

She got out of the room, closing the door behind her slowly, as Mike chuckled, a smile decorating Maeve's face as she looked at the man. "What's funny?" She asked.

He grinned. "You're going to be the best mom," he said, and Maeve's eyes widened, her heart melting at his compliment, feeling heat rush through her cheeks.

"Technically, Abby is my daughter, so thank you." Maeve closed her eyes for a brief moment, nodding as Mike licked his lips, smiling. "You don't want more?"

Maeve raised her eyebrow. "Is this the Mike I knew three weeks ago?" she questioned as Mike nodded. "Yes, it is."

When Maeve was about to speak, both of them heard a loud thunder sounding from outside. Only after rain started to pour, the storm heavy.

"Just perfect, how am I supposed to go home now?" Maeve said, rubbing her forehead, as Mike tilted his head, confused. "You can stay over."

"Look, Mike, I don't want to be a burden.." Maeve was cut short by Mike. "You could never be a burden, Mae."

Maeve looked into his eyes for a moment, the sound of her nickname catching her breath. His brown eyes drowning her.

She took a breath. "Okay then, but I'm sleeping on the couch." She said with a smile, and Mike playfully frowned. "I have no extra pillows or blankets." He said blankly as Maeve sighed.

"Come on, Mike, I know you have those," she said as he looked up, thinking. "I think I gave them away, just last night actually, had a lot of space."

Maeve chuckled slightly before she pulled a straight face again. "You're hilarious." She said, trying her best not to smile.

Mike leaned against the wall beside Maeve, placing one hand inside his pocket, his head leaning to the side against the wall. "You have dimples."

"They are so pretty." He confessed, his eyes dilated. Maeve swallowed, suddenly feeling nervous under his gaze.

She smiled, her nose crunching before she looked down, avoiding his gaze. "Can you stop doing this?" She asked slightly as Mike held back a smile.