𝟎𝟎𝟔.

-chapter six

-chapter six

"MAEVE YOU SEARCH HERE, WHILE I LOOK THERE" Vanessa smiled, as she knelt down to inspect one of the dusty boxes, while Meave nodded and began scouring the cupboards.

Mike entered the room, gazing at both girls. "What are you looking for exactly?" he inquired curiously.

"Tablecloth," Meave replied, while Vanessa stood beside her, joining her search in the cupboards. "They used to keep 'em back here for big events," Vanessa added.

Mike, furrowing his eyebrows, fixed his gaze on Vanessa. "Right, and remind me how you know that?"

Without a word, Vanessa wandered off to explore another section of the storage room, with Mike trailing close behind.

She opened one of the boxes and her face lighting up. "Found 'em!"

Maeve walked over to Mike, but her attention was suddenly diverted to something at the room's corner.

There stood a mechanical machine, its metallic skeleton and exposed electrical wires revealing its inner workings.

Maeve's curiosity got the best of her, and. She curiously approached it, reaching out her hand to touch the cold metal before Vanessa stopped her.

"Don't," Vanessa cautioned, her smile now tinged with nervousness. "I wouldn't do that, They're spring locks."

Mike got closer to Maeve, Confusion filled his face as he and Maeve turned their attention to Vanessa. "They're on all the older models. They were designed to keep the animatronics parts in place so that a person could safely wear the suit."

Vanessa stepped closer to both Maeve and Mike and then reached for a broom leaning against the wall. "They tend to be pretty unstable," she warned.

"Let's see," she lifted the broom and gently prodded the mechanical part, causing it to snap shut with a force that severed a piece of the wooden broom.

Maeve and Mike both flinched and took a step back. Vanessa placed the broom back.  "Like I said, unstable."

Mike looked at the abandoned machine for a while, before he noticed that Vanessa had grabbed the tablecloth and was on her way out of the room.

He couldn't help but feel there was more to her knowledge. He turned to face her. "Is there anything else that you want to tell us about, Vanessa?" She halted at her tracks as he tilted his head.