𝟎𝟐𝟑.

-chapter twenty three

THE SUN ASCENDED OVER THE HORIZON, casting streaks of orange and pink across the sky, while a cool breeze gently rustled the curtains, signaling the arrival of another morning.

Maeve's head rested against Mike's chest, his arm encircling her bare body. The soft cadence of her breath brought a comforting warmth to him, and his fingers delicately traced patterns on her skin.

Mike's gaze lingered on Maeve's peaceful sleeping face, a sense of awe apparent in his eyes.

Leaning in, he pressed a tender kiss on her forehead, savoring the moment before pulling back. Fully captivated by the girl in his arms, Mike's heart fluttered as he recalled the events of the previous night—their shared kisses, the sensation of her touch, his skin against her, an experience entirely new to him.

Whatever emotions he harbored for Maeve, Mike acknowledged their complexity, aware of an underlying fear and uncertainty about what might unfold.

A deep sigh escaped him as he shifted his fingers to gently play with her hair, her warm breath grazing his bare chest.

Just as he neared her forehead for another soft kiss, Maeve's eyes gradually opened. Her light brown gaze met his chocolate brown one, both pairs dilating. A smile formed on Maeve's lips.

"Couldn't wait until I woke up?" she playfully questioned in her sleepy voice, a dry chuckle escaping her. "Just wanted to give you a small kiss."

"Moments ago, you gave me one," she smirked, rubbing her eyes, and Mike's eyes widened. "You felt that?" he inquired, and she grinned. "I'm not a deep sleeper like you."

Mike chuckled, lowering his head to hers, the room enveloped in a momentary silence. His gaze shifted from her eyes to her lips, Just his gaze started to make her nervous.

"No, Mike, you won't be kissing me with morning breath," she smiled, and he frowned. "Just a peck," he suggested, and she shook her head playfully.

Mike's hand, once resting on her arm, began to trace down her body in gentle strokes. Maeve, feeling a rising warmth, as his hands got further down. She swiftly placed her hand atop his stopping it. a smirk playing on her lips.

"Wasn't yesterday enough?" she teased, and Mike smiled. "I won't get enough of you, Maeve," he expressed before planting a quick peck on her lips, causing her to shove him off with a laugh.