𝟎𝟏𝟕.

-chapter seventeen

-chapter seventeen

ENTERING THE HOUSE, Mike closed the door behind Maeve, who proceeded down the hallway to Abby's room after exchanging greetings with him.

Opening Abby's room door, Maeve discovered the little girl wasn't there. She turned to find Mike against the wall. "Where's Abby?" she asked.

"She's staying over at her friend's house. I forgot to tell you," he confessed, prompting Maeve to furrow her brows. "How do you forget something like that?" she questioned, puzzled.

Mike started to approach her, "I thought you came to check on both of us, not just Abby." He said his face settling close to Maeve's as she raised her head up confidence fulfilling within her.

"Who told you that, Must be a fool," she retorted, smiling challengingly as Mike licked his lips.

Maeve backed away, attempting to reach the living room, with Mike following behind. She stood in front of the TV, unbothered, trying to catch a glimpse of what Mike was watching when she felt his heavy arms wrap around her waist.

Pulling her closer to his chest, Mike rested his chin on her shoulders. Maeve smiled, looking at him from the corner of her eyes. "Clingy," she said playfully, to which Mike chuckled. "Only for you."

"You need to stop with the act, you don't affect me," she declared blankly. Mike nodded slowly, his warm breaths lingering on her skin. "Yeah, I don't affect you," he remarked, moving his face closer to her neck. Instead of kissing her, he brushed his nose against her skin, tickling it.

Maeve chuckled, trying to escape his grasp, but his grip was tight, forcing her to stay against him. He smiled before planting a soft kiss on her neck and loosened his grip, turning her around to face him, his arms still around her.

Frowning, Maeve tilted her head. "Maeve, I'm so sorry about what happened two nights ago. I know you regret it.." Mike began, but his words were cut short when Maeve placed her hand on his cheek, pressing her mouth against his for the first time.

Closing his eyes, Mike savored the soft, fullness of her lips and the way they moved. Breaking the kiss, Maeve looked at him. "I don't regret anything, Mike." Instead of replying, Mike wrapped one arm around her waist and pulled her in again by her neck.

Her hand gripped the back of his head, slipping into his hair. Finally, she felt how his mouth embraced her well, and it was everything she knew it would be and more. Every time his lips moved, she felt butterflies erupting through her.