𝟎𝟏𝟏.

-chapter eleven

-chapter eleven

VANESSA OBSERVED AS MAEVE'S PAIN UNFOLDED. Regret, guilt, and the weight of their shared history hung in the air, a stark reminder of the darkness they both faced.

Mike stood there, caught between the past and the urgent present. The room echoed with silence, only disrupted by Maeve's quiet sobs. Anger stirred within Mike.

Sorrowful eyes met Maeve's gaze, as Vanessa tried to whisper. "I'm so, so sorry," Her voice barely audible amidst the echoes of Maeve's sobs.

Maeve breathed slowly, wiping away tears, her hands shaking before She looked up at Vanessa, her expression changed, shifting from denial to anger.

"Tell me how to stop him, tell me how to save Abby from him," Maeve demanded, as she stood up. Vanessa nodded, Leading them towards a suitcase.

"Electricity. Electricity is the key," she declared, retrieving a taser stick. "We use these for animal control," she explained, making it crackle before passing it to Maeve.

"There's a taser in your belt. It won't do permanent damage, but it'll mess with the animatronic circuitry, hopefully buying you some time," Vanessa explained to Mike, who slid into his jacket.

"Come with us,"

Vanessa, backed away, shaking her head. "No," she stumbled over a table.

"Vanessa, you owe it to me, you owe it to them," Maeve said. "No, I can't. If he's there, I..." Vanessa's voice cracked as she exhaled. "I won't be any use to you, believe me."

Mike shook his head slowly, blinking. "He really messed you up, didn't he?" Vanessa's breath hitched as her head screamed of her younger self's feelings.

She handed her car keys to Maeve. "Take these."

"You need to avoid the front entrance. There's an outlet vent on the east side of the building. That's the best way inside," she continued, Maeve and Mike nodding quietly.

"Okay, let's go," Maeve said, her voice full of irritation, the feelings not the same anymore. She no longer felt like the girl she once knew.

Maeve headed towards the door before Vanessa stopped her. "I need you to know that the only thing I ever did right in my life was saving you," Vanessa said as Maeve's face relaxed.

She placed a hand on Vanessa's shoulder, nodding slowly. "You owe yourself an apology. You didn't only hurt me, Vanessa; you hurt yourself, but I forgive you." she said as Vanessa's eyes widened, tears laced.