𝟎𝟏𝟓.

-chapter fifteen

-chapter fifteen

A KNOCK ON THE DOOR DISRUPTED MAEVE as she sat on the couch, watching a movie with a drink in her hand. The knocks became more repetitive as she sighed, getting up.

"Alright, I'm coming, chill," she said to the person on the other side of the door as she approached it, swinging it open. None other than Mike stood before her.

He smiled, his hands in his pockets. "Hope I didn't disturb you," he said as Maeve pushed his shoulders slightly. "I thought you were the house owner."

She signaled for him to get inside before closing the door behind him. "Why? Waiting for a visit soon?" He walked down the hallway, taking a seat on the couch.

"Yes, I didn't pay the rent, so I think I'm going to get kicked out soon." she smiled sarcastically before taking a seat beside him. He nodded. "Just in case, you know I'll always welcome you."

Maeve furrowed her eyebrows for a moment. "Wait, why did you come? It's still Thursday?" she questioned as he leaned his back against the sofa. "Couldn't wait."

She bit down a smile, looking at the floor. It's been the same for the past two months—the constant—flirting, never ending compliments and sweet interactions. But it was never anything serious, right?

Mike wore a white t-shirt that clung to his body, hinting at a toned chest and stomach underneath. He raised his arms up, stretching, and his shirt lifted, revealing the band of his boxers peeking out from the top of his jeans and a strip of tan skin.

"So, what are you watching that is making you eye me like a piece of meat?" he tried to speak seriously, but his face broke into a smirk.

She groaned. "Oh, stop flattering yourself. I'm a complete loner watching TV every night."

"You could have just called me, Mae. I will always be willing to keep you company," he grinned at her, his eyes sparking slightly.

"I didn't think you would've been free to join me, or even drive for an hour to watch a stupid movie with me," she says in a flat tone, leaning back against the couch.

Mike frowns. "So, you just thought I wouldn't drive an hour for you?" He asks, turning his face towards hers. Their faces so close that their lips are only separated by a couple of inches.

"I don't know. Yes..." she shrugs, trying to look unaffected, but on the inside, her nervousness is tearing her apart.

Mike held onto her gaze, his eyes trailing from her eyes to her lips. Maeve could feel her body tensing up from his long stare at her mouth.