4

Chapter 4

WARNING: There may be some mature elements in this chapter. The readers’ discretion is advised.

***** 

Beitang Ao tore off Yan Feili’s clothes that were covered in ice and put on him the clean set of clothes that Qiu Yeyuan found.

Yan Feili was weak, letting Beitang Ao lift him from the bed and strip off his clothes. His towering abdomen was exposed in front of the Sect Master.

Beitang Ao watched Yan Feili’s once well-proportioned body become so deformed. The scars left behind were more hideous on the swollen belly. For reasons he did not know himself, his heart became angry.

Qiu Yeyuan frowned on the side and watched Beitang Ao treat the childbirth with no mercy. 

“Ah…” Yan Feili was already in pain, changing into his clothes, it was even more unbearable as if he fell apart. His whole body was still painful, and he couldn’t feel anything else. But compared to the pain, he was even more reluctant to let the Sect Master see his loss of dignity.

“Sect Master…” Yan Feili looked at Beitang Ao’s blunt expression and pleaded, “Please. Please go out… Don’t be here…”

Beitang Ao ignored his words, grabbed him, and tied his hands on the edge of the bed.

With the pain, Yan Feili subconsciously clenched his cloth towel tightly. Once he felt that the Sect Master did not intend to leave, he was extremely ashamed.

We’re sorry for MTLers or people who like using reading mode, but our translations keep getting stolen by aggregators so we’re going to bring back the copy protection. If you need to MTL please retype the gibberish parts.

Pc ogbca bo atf Vfma Zjrafg, tf ja ifjra tbqfv ab mbcagbi tlr nblmf jr wemt jr qbrrlyif jcv vlvc’a kjca ab wjxf tlwrfio wbgf fwyjggjrrfv. Dea tbk kjr atlr qbrrlyif?

“Xfcfgji Tjc, tbk ibcu jub tjv sbeg jwclbalm oielv ygfjx?” Hle Tfsejc jrxfv jujlc.

Tjc Mflil mbeivc’a mjimeijaf klat atf qjlc jcv bcis njuefis rjlv, “Pa… Pa kjr j ktlif…”

“Then how long have you been in pain?” 

The heavy snow had fallen for an hour.

“Um…” Yan Feili realized that Beitang Ao was standing coldly beside him, his eyes stinging.

“Since… Since the New Year’s Banquet…” Yes, since the time the North Gate appeared in front of everyone with his beautiful and unparalleled fiancée. His heartache spread to the abdomen like an infection.

Although in the past few days, he had been feeling heavy on his body. This morning, he felt a little pain. But when he heard the news of the North Gate’s return, he didn’t even bother to look for Qiu Yeyuan and insisted on attending the annual banquet. 

Who knew the child couldn’t wait?

“What?” Qiu Yeyuan was taken aback when he heard this.

From the beginning of the annual banquet at noon to the present, nearly five hours had passed.

They remembered that Yan Feili stayed at the banquet in the afternoon and even toasted several brothers. How did he survive the pain for this long! 

Beitang Ao also frowned. He sat on the chair next to the bed, watching Yan Feili.

The pain continued to intensify, and like the waves of amniotic fluid that slowly flowed out, the fetus gradually squeezed through the entrance.

Yan Feili’s groan became thicker and muddy. He felt as if he had become a wild animal, only knowing that he kept pushing hard along with Qiu Yeyuan’s voice. But in a corner of his consciousness, he knew that the Sect Master was sitting beside and staring at him with no dignity at all.

Never had Yan Feili hoped that he could die in pain. 

“Um… Ah…” The uncontrollable groan turned into a scream.

The pain almost tore his lower body apart. The perspiration kept gushing out, and the lips were bitten with blood.

Listening to Yan Feili’s broken cry, Beitang Ao stood up and paced the room two steps uncomfortably. Even if he was a Sect Master, he couldn’t get rid of the panic and nervousness peculiar to men in this situation. Moreover, it wasn’t even a woman who was lying there giving birth, but his subordinate, a general.

Furthermore, with his understanding of Yan Feili, the one who was about to be born from Yan Feili’s womb was definitely his flesh and blood. 

Late at night, the annual banquet was over and the drunk people dispersed. The heavy snow fell with the cold wind, ushering in New Year’s Day.

No one will come to this remote and quiet northern courtyard. The entire Bamboo Garden was white and the intermittent groans in the back room were barely audible.

After an unknown amount of time, the faint cry of the baby announced the end of Yan Feili’s suffering.

Falling on the bed slumped, Yan Feili’s body was dripping with sweat as if he had just been caught from the river. 

Qiu Yeyuan washed the baby with warm water and wrapped it in a cut brocade.

Beitang Ao stared at the baby. Although he was mentally prepared, his face changed when he saw the blood-red plum-shaped birthmark on the baby’s left chest.