16

Chapter 16

WARNING: There may be some mature elements in this chapter. The readers’ discretion is advised.

***** 

After leaving Dongfang Xi and Hua Xiangyan, Yan Feili left Yihetang for official business. He had lunch at noon, handed the letters from the Yue Kingdom battlefield to the Shenmei Courtyard, and went to see the soldiers.

With a short practice with the soldiers, Yan Feili noticed that his physical strength was not as good as before. He did not return to the Bamboo Garden until the evening.

Ximei prepared for dinner while Yan Feili bathed and changed his clothes. She looked at the official letters in the room, thinking of what the Eastern Sect Master had said in the morning. Her thoughts wandered.

Yan Feili believed that Hua Xiangyan was a person who would not talk casually and Dongfang Xi didn’t infer anything either. Were they making simple and polite remarks? Dongfang Xi had always been unruly, not paying attention to the affairs of the Sect Masters. Yan Feili followed that thought for a long time and couldn’t conclude anything, so he just considers their encounter to be careless. 

The weather in the Bamboo Garden was wet and cold. Under the twilight of the candlelight, Yan Feili sat for a while and his hands and feet became cold. Just as he was about to call Ximei to bring a brazier over, he heard the door banged as it was pushed open.

Yan Feili looked up and saw Beitang Ao’s frigid and prideful face, standing outside the door and staring at him coldly.

“Sect Master!” Yan Feili was surprised and stood up.

Beitang Ao stepped into the room, bringing in a burst of wine. He slammed the thing in his hand on Yan Feili’s body, but Yan Feili did not catch it in consternation. The thing dropped onto the ground. It was one of the letters he had handed to the Shensi Courtyard earlier in the afternoon.

“Yan Feili, you are so brave to ask for a fight without my permission! Do you still have me in your eyes!”

“This subordinate dares not.” Yan Feili replied without hesitation and leaned down to pick up the folded letter.

“Don’t pick it up!” Beitang stepped forward and stood in front of Yan Feili.

We’re sorry for MTLers or people who like using reading mode, but our translations keep getting stolen by aggregators so we’re going to bring back the copy protection. If you need to MTL please retype the gibberish parts.

Tjc Mflil iloafv tlr ybvs jcv j ragbcu rwfii bo olgra-mijrr jwyfguglr fcafgfv tlr cbrf. Coafg j mibrfg ibbx, atf batfg qfgrbc’r mbwqifzlbc kjr gfv, jcv rffwfv j ilaaif vgecx. 

“Vfma Zjrafg…”

“You want to leave me?” Beitang Ao wore a disgusted yet proud expression.

“Ktlr reybgvlcjaf cfnfg atbeuta jybea ifjnlcu atf Vfma Zjrafg,” Tjc Mflil gfqilfv delmxis.

“Gbc’a kjca ab ifjnf?” Dflajcu Cb’r fzqgfrrlbc mtjcufv jcv tf rajgfv rtjgqis ja atf batfg wjc, “Ktfc ktja jgf sbe agslcu ab jnblv?” 

Yan Feili’s eyes widened.

Looking at Yan Feili’s expression, Beitang Ao confirmed the guesswork he had in his heart and took yet another step forward, closing in the gap between them.

“You want to escape from me! Why?”

Yan Feili’s face was pale and his eyes were a little flustered, “This subordinate had not tried to escape from the Sect Master.”